North Carolina

pop.gif

OMG!!!!! I went out to try and get pictures and nobody is being cooperative today
somad.gif
..........I'm gonna get em when they are going to sleep,
don't run out of popcorn Beth

Good or bad news: James confirmed that Saturdays
flock swap is RAIN OR SHINE!!
hide.gif

I know for a fact James has some of the prettiest birds in the area! I'm bringing 4 silkies (2 whites/splash and 2 "blues") and maybe some adolescent EE's.
Hope to see everyone there!
ya.gif

So, some good news and some sad news........

The good news first, is that when I left home this morning I had 5 Partridge Silkies hatched and countless pipped......

The sad news now, after a couple of days after my 2 Buff Orp males had a fight, the friendlier one, who came of worse, seems to have given up on everything. He was a little lothargic (sp) last night, and today didn't want to know much at all...... He just sat there and laid his head over to one side.... So, I made him comfortable as possible... I don't know if he is injured somewhere, he was fine yesterday morning - a little sorry for himself - but I am expecting the worse when I get home
sad.png

So, some good news and some sad news........

The good news first, is that when I left home this morning I had 5 Partridge Silkies hatched and countless pipped......

The sad news now, after a couple of days after my 2 Buff Orp males had a fight, the friendlier one, who came of worse, seems to have given up on everything. He was a little lothargic (sp) last night, and today didn't want to know much at all...... He just sat there and laid his head over to one side.... So, I made him comfortable as possible... I don't know if he is injured somewhere, he was fine yesterday morning - a little sorry for himself - but I am expecting the worse when I get home
sad.png

Gavin, as Kevin said just give him some time. We had a rooster get his but whooped one time by another rooster, I thought for sure he was dead. We put him in a pen by himself, cleaned him up the best we could gave him some supplements in his water and low and behold about a week later he started to come around. It took him a good month to recover but he did survive. We eventually have him a girl again and that seemed to be exactly what he needed to finish his recovery. We no longer have him but he is still alive and close by. A beautiful Buff Plymouth Rock to be exact. Hang in there.
smile.png

Tricia,

Thanks for your reply..... Kevin was very helpful this morning..... I do have a very large dog crate I am going to move in there to place him in, with water and food... Then I will bring him outside everyday to get fresh grass etc... I'll put nuti-drench in his water and hopefully that will help him.....

Another question. Does anyone here dilute oxine, or do you use it full strength?

I use it diluted. I have never used it at full strength. When misting birds I mix 1 ounce in 1 pint of water. That is stronger then the recommended 6.5 ounces oxine per gallon of water, but it works well. When I put oxine in drinking water I use it 12-14 drops per gallon of water. That is the same strength I put in bator water as well. Keeps the bator fresh and bacteria free. This seems to help my hatch rate and I have never had a case of umbilical infection since I started using it.

Matt

Tricia,

Thanks for your reply..... Kevin was very helpful this morning..... I do have a very large dog crate I am going to move in there to place him in, with water and food... Then I will bring him outside everyday to get fresh grass etc... I'll put nuti-drench in his water and hopefully that will help him.....

Another question. Does anyone here dilute oxine, or do you use it full strength?

Sometimes when the roos fight and one losses, the loser might not be able to get to food and water because the winner will chase him away and may have been doing it for a while before the fight. Some rest and TLC will hopefully bring him around.

I just started using the oxine and from what I have gathered you should dilute as it says on the bottle it but not use the activation crystals as it will make it too stromg and possibly harm your birds. I should have paid more attention to the thread before spending 15.00 to buy crystals (5.00 fo the crystals and 8.00 !!! for the shipping)

Sometimes when the roos fight and one losses, the loser might not be able to get to food and water because the winner will chase him away and may have been doing it for a while before the fight. Some rest and TLC will hopefully bring him around.

I just started using the oxine and from what I have gathered you should dilute as it says on the bottle it but not use the activation crystals as it will make it too stromg and possibly harm your birds. I should have paid more attention to the thread before spending 15.00 to buy crystals (5.00 fo the crystals and 8.00 !!! for the shipping)

Thankfully I only bought a gallon with no crystals

Back
Top Bottom