North Carolina

Hi, I am Renee an I am in Beaufort.

I was wondering if there was anyone nearby who is on this forum.

I have a mix of chickens right now but I really like blue cochin bantams.

I just recently bought a pair of standard dark brahmas and I am quickly becomimg a fan of the breed.

I have a Muscovy drake who is looking for a home if anyone needs a boy. If you're willing to wait for the spring, I might be willing to send him with some ducklings just to sweeten the deal.

I am currently looking to acquire some cream legbars and I would love to get them locally, though I feel like that might be a pipe dream.

Welcome all the new NC BYCers!!!

I was outside tilling my garden today and stopped to get pictures of some of my crew!

The new Splash Orpingtons with their Delaware friends. See the youngest Dellie in the background laying her daily egg? She has only skipped 1 day in the past 8-9 since she started laying. The others need to take lessons from her!

All these feathers have started showing up in the past few days. I hope that means my older 2 are going through a mild molt and will be laying soon!

My little Rhode Island Swirls are growing up:

For Bhep:

My Splash Marans young rooster, he really is that BLUE in person! I have a suspicion that is a RIR pullet and somehow she was sexed as a roo and ended up in freezer camp.

NH.... just soap and water. No other option that I know of. Unless you can train your hens to hold it in.
lau.gif

goodpost.gif
Thanks Bhep!! Hmm....training the chickens to hold their poo...I think if I managed to do that, DH could retire and we could become the next "chicken whisperer" and live off our training fees!! The next step would be to train them to poo in a specific location (like the compost pile) followed by filling up their own feeders & waterers....oh wait, no posable thumbs there. Fooey!!
lau.gif
It was a good pipe dream while it lasted!! You will have to let me know when you plan to process (or when you plan to have Double teach you/do it) so I can come and watch/learn!! Who knows...maybe I'll take a few extra boys & girls home with me after the lesson!! HAHA.

welcome-byc.gif
to all the new folks!! Happy to have you with us!!

I feel as if I accomplished a lot today. I made whole wheat bread for sandwiches (I don't buy bread from the stores anymore), pineapple upside down cake (for my Valentine), Jello (for said Valentine), a quiche for this week's breakfast (to use up some of my eggs) and went to make lasagna for supper only to realize I have no ground meat whatsoever!! My solution? I had some type of fajita skirt steak in the freezer - so I threw that in the crock pot with some ACV to loosen it up, cranked that baby on high for 4 hours and then....threw it in my food processor to make "ground" meat. We'll see how it turns out. Good thing I am making a veggie lasagna for DD and I (dairy free to, so more like a veggie spaghetti bake...lol) so if it tastes bad, I guess he's stuck with it!!
tongue2.gif
Now to look up a few dessert recipes that have the words CHOCOLATE and lots of eggs!! hehe.

hugs.gif
Vfem- sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon!! Take all the time you need to rest up and just GET WELL!!
hugs.gif
Although, how sweet is your daughter helping out like that!!
love.gif

Thanks... I have been doing alot of research on them too.... was looking at the eggs on ebay for over 2 weeks now.... we bought an extra incubator at another auction the day before WCA. My hubby is the incubator king... I just love of the babies after the hatch... LoL I have the "pie" job.
lau.gif

Excellent website for info

http://www.eemufarming.com/

Thanks... I have been doing alot of research on them too.... was looking at the eggs on ebay for over 2 weeks now.... we bought an extra incubator at another auction the day before WCA. My hubby is the incubator king... I just love of the babies after the hatch... LoL I have the "pie" job.
lau.gif

Did you go to Godwins on Sat ? or somewhere else ?

D.gif

This is our RIR coop, front porch and steps too!! DH built it out of pallets! He is so good!! We have 2 others with same construction, but different designs!

Back
Top Bottom