North Carolina

Hi Dave,

I only have 1.5 inches of rain in my gage and the goose pond is full! How are you doing?
gig.gif

frow.gif

Scott

My best guess is about 2". Gonna change the name of the place from Head Acres to a River runs through it.

Haven't been on this thread for about two weeks. Lurk a lot. You folks are BUSY!!!

Someone was asking about sand in the run a few seemingly thousand pages back. Go for it. I have some problems with ground water and frankly with all of the recent rain, it's only somewhat fragrant out there after all of the rain. But the sand is keeping it down until I can rearrange which means building new quarters. if you are moderately dry, again I say go for it. Any type of sand will do the job.

Planning to use the implement shed on side of our out building and using a raised floor.

Also waiting on word from the breeder to pick up 12 Buckeyes this week or next. Excited about that.

Dave

Happy to see a lot of new folks and especially folks from the Fayetteville, Linden and Erwin area.

Great! We've had them on our calendars for awhile and are really excited! I don't think we'll try to show this year, tempting as it is. I'm just not sure I want to disturb the laying hens and no one else is old enough or ready. Except the guineas, and they're too nuts!
gig.gif

In truth, I think it will be a blast to look even if we don't come home with any birds. Look, listen, chat, mingle. It's all good!

Mar 31 - Forsyth Fowl Fanciers Show - Winston-Salem, NC at the Dixie Classic fairgrounds. This is normally a fairly large show. This show accepts Bantam and Standard Chickens as well as small ducks. This show normally has a large amount of selling going on outside.

April 14 - Carolina Feather Fanciers Show - Greensboro, NC at the Guilford Extension Service Arena. This has been a small show the last few years, but the people and the concessions are worth the drive. They do accept all breeds of poultry in the APA and ABA standards, but I have not seen turkeys, geese, or guineas there in a couple years. They have a website: http://karlu.hypermart.net/Greensboropage.htm

Matt

The BYC Thread for the Winston-S show is up: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/635672/

Matt

Jessy... I forbid you to mention snakes to my kids when we see you at WCA.
lau.gif
They have been beggin.....on hands and knees. I am just not doing it ! I have enough going on here !!!! I had snakes growing up, my mom hates them (she lives with us) Like RF's DH...my mom would love to see every snake chopped up.
idunno.gif

p.s. they are beautiful
wink.png

Beth when it warms up I will be bringing Kiara with me (he will stay in the car) Just for your kids
hide.gif

So with my increasing number of birds and my being sick of my set up, I am going to be undertaking a new overhaul and re-do the entire setup for my silkies. Going to do like I have seen quite a few people do with enclosed and covered runs with small coops for shelter. I think I can do 4 smaller pens (4X12) and one large one for a grow out that if need be can be divided (8X12) hoping to get started ASAP and pray the weather will hold out and look good for me while I get the frame up at least!

Yeah, my 10 month old pup decided at 4:00 that he was STARVING! No amount of discussion would convince him otherwise. Oh, well. Gotta load sheep shortly anyhow. Locker lambs are off to freezer camp this morning.

My chicks were shipped. I am going slightly crazy. Checking the USPS site ever few mins for an update. Wish they would update their status. LOL DH is just laughing at me. Hoping they will be here soon. Then the madness will begin.
Last night I was having snuggle time with the chicks and all six of them curled up inside my shirt (flannel button up) and took a nap. It was great. DH just shook his head. He thinks I am weird.
tongue.gif

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone!! Glad to know I was not the only one up too early!! It's pretty sad when you wake up BEFORE your birds!!
lau.gif

Had a blast yesterday with my sewing "lesson;" however, I did NOT get any saddles made...I was told to fix the problem...either eat another rooster or get more hens!! LOL...now which one seems more likely on my end?? Less work and more cuteness = more hens!!
gig.gif
Now to convince DH!! Looks a bit chilly this morning, but I am hoping for a great day for those of you getting chicks shipped and those of you redoing or in the coop building process!! Have a great day everyone!

[COLOR=8B4513]My chicks were shipped. I am going slightly crazy. Checking the USPS site ever few mins for an update. Wish they would update their status. LOL DH is just laughing at me. Hoping they will be here soon. Then the madness will begin.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=8B4513]Last night I was having snuggle time with the chicks and all six of them curled up inside my shirt (flannel button up) and took a nap. It was great. DH just shook his head. He thinks I am weird.[/COLOR]:tongue

[COLOR=8B4513]Sharon[/COLOR]

Oh so sweet!!!!

Back
Top Bottom