North Carolina

Okay....sheep are gone. Hubby and I discussed putting the extra tom turkey in the freezer, decided we didn't want to deal with it, so will test out selling something at WCA with a year old Royal Palm tom. Doubt if we'll get there this weekend, as we've got to build something to put him in that we don't mind giving up. I told hubby to plan to spend the day, but I think I'll just have him come up in his car and unload Dinner. Then he can stay as long as he wants, but he won't have to stay until the bitter end. He's not the most patient of guys, and he's not a chicken person himself, so I think he'd get grumpy if he stayed all day. I'd rather he not get grumpy.
hmm.png

I can do rabbits up there too, can't I? I've still got two Jersey Wooly rabbits that need to go.

I need to learn all the ins and outs of WCA.

CROWING CONTEST AT 3:30AM
sad.png
O WELL
SO UP AND AT EM

I love hearing them crow.

My chicks were shipped. I am going slightly crazy. Checking the USPS site ever few mins for an update. Wish they would update their status. LOL DH is just laughing at me. Hoping they will be here soon. Then the madness will begin.
Last night I was having snuggle time with the chicks and all six of them curled up inside my shirt (flannel button up) and took a nap. It was great. DH just shook his head. He thinks I am weird.
tongue.gif

Sharon

It seems recently that the PO is stepping up with keeping the tracking numbers up to date. I have seen three updates over night so just keep looking! Can't hurt
smile.png

Okay....sheep are gone. Hubby and I discussed putting the extra tom turkey in the freezer, decided we didn't want to deal with it, so will test out selling something at WCA with a year old Royal Palm tom. Doubt if we'll get there this weekend, as we've got to build something to put him in that we don't mind giving up. I told hubby to plan to spend the day, but I think I'll just have him come up in his car and unload Dinner. Then he can stay as long as he wants, but he won't have to stay until the bitter end. He's not the most patient of guys, and he's not a chicken person himself, so I think he'd get grumpy if he stayed all day. I'd rather he not get grumpy.
hmm.png

I can do rabbits up there too, can't I? I've still got two Jersey Wooly rabbits that need to go.

I need to learn all the ins and outs of WCA.

If you are selling and don't want to be there until 7-8pm... I suggest getting there about 10-10:30 AM... Seriously, they start excepting at 10am,I got there 11:05 on Sun. and was boxes 259 and up..... my stuff didn't go through until after 4:30 PM.
ep.gif
Didn't get home until after 7pm...because I did not want to miss anything.
idunno.gif
We did miss some goodies because I left and it still went another hour before it ended. You can bring your stuff and leave and come back..auction starts at 2pm. You can go out to shop, eat etc.
If hubby is not patient, then be there by 10 am. Wait or come back, get your stuff sold at the beginning and cash out and leave early. OR plan to spend the day....

Ahhhh.....I had assumed that you couldn't cash out until it was over and everyone had paid for their purchases. But I can cash out and leave after my stuff sells if I want? Actually, I'd rather hang out, if I get there early enough to get a chair. I didn't get to stay through the whole thing the one other time I came, as it was too hard standing for so long. Well, that and the bathrooms were blocked off! Bathrooms are important!

This is my first time with chickens, my family thinks I crazy too! I think they are all crazy for not wanting to give it a try!
My chicks were shipped. I am going slightly crazy. Checking the USPS site ever few mins for an update. Wish they would update their status. LOL DH is just laughing at me. Hoping they will be here soon. Then the madness will begin.
Last night I was having snuggle time with the chicks and all six of them curled up inside my shirt (flannel button up) and took a nap. It was great. DH just shook his head. He thinks I am weird.
tongue.gif

Sharon

Ahhhh.....I had assumed that you couldn't cash out until it was over and everyone had paid for their purchases. But I can cash out and leave after my stuff sells if I want? Actually, I'd rather hang out, if I get there early enough to get a chair. I didn't get to stay through the whole thing the one other time I came, as it was too hard standing for so long. Well, that and the bathrooms were blocked off! Bathrooms are important!

bring some of the little fold out chairs and get there early, if your not early enough to catch the provided seating, you can claim a couple square feet for your chair while theres room - LOL

I agree, my oldest (he is 16) wants to know why I need more chicks? I just smiled at him. I am a newbie also. I have never had an egg that was not purchased in a store. I can not wait.

Still no update on their location. I am not good at waiting.

On another note: I have been banned from going to tractor supply with out the DH. He has decided I am not to be trusted near little fluffy chicks.
lau.gif

Sharon

This is my first time with chickens, my family thinks I crazy too! I think they are all crazy for not wanting to give it a try!

We got this place when my son was 16, too. Despite trips to my parents small farm, he didn't want to eat the eggs from our first chickens, because the yolks were orange....and because he didn't want to eat something that "came out of a chicken's butt!" I asked him where the other eggs we used to eat came from, and he said, "The Store!", then consented to try the fresh eggs. He was instantly hooked. He's 26 now, lives in the other half of the state, and will only eat eggs if we send them with someone who is visiting, bring them, or he comes to get them. Egg spoiled, that one. He'll have chickens when he gets a place he can. Yours will get hooked, too. :)

I agree, my oldest (he is 16) wants to know why I need more chicks?  I just smiled at him. I am a newbie also. I have never had an egg that was not purchased in a store. I can not wait.

Still no update on their location. I am not good at waiting.

On another note:  I have been banned from going to tractor supply with out the DH. He has decided I am not to be trusted near little fluffy chicks. :lau

Sharon

Sharon do you know what breed of chicken your TSC has this week? We are coming to Fayeteville this Saturday and I thought about stopping by. Do they have a good variety of chock supplies? Any diamiacious earth?

Thanks
Shawn

Good to find a BYCer near by.

Welcome to the world of Muscovies... ain't it Wonderful... are your Lavenders laying? Yep duck broody poop rates #10 chicken broody poop probably 7-8in comparison lol

ML............... These Muscovy are insane layers and broodies. One hen is sitting on 15-20 eggs. These girls are laying ALL over the place. This weekend for sure they NEED to be separated.
barnie.gif
I also need to get in the impossible crevice the black hen is in and count and candle the eggs.

And on a gross note...I have experienced my first broody duck poop. OMG I thought hens were bad. I gagged until I had stomach cramps.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom