North Carolina

After this semester is over, I'll have to plan a "field trip" to Beths! CoopScoop...it's a date!

I'm rationalizing bantams by knowing I can use them as incubators. If they're in hanging cages, I won't have a fire ant problem with them hatching. I never had fire ants bother the rabbits.

I have to share this, even though most of you don't know me or my health issues. For years I've been diagnosed with a degenerative, non-treatable neuromuscular disorder. I've gone from being the hay-bale-stacking-feed-bag-slinger to unable to pick up a grown rabbit from the ground, and needing forearm crutches and a leg brace to get around. And I had only to look forward to ending up bed-bound and on a feeding tube.
sad.png

Until yesterday.

Yesterday I got the results of my latest objective muscle strength tests. The latest attempt at treatment IS WORKING!!!
celebrate.gif
I have gained strength in both upper and lower body, with huge gains in my legs. So I am celebrating! Confetti for everyone! (Biodegradable confetti, please! Fruity Pebbles!) I have not had good news like this in years! I've given up raising sheep, raising angora rabbits, gave up my macaw I brought back from Panama, gave up my dreams of doing field research....and now I may be able to pick some of my plans and dreams back up! I am on the most amazing high ever right now. So, someone do a happy dance for me. I'm not able to dance yet...but perhaps I'll be able to later!
ya.gif

wee.gif

I love the people on this thread! I just got my two Partridge Silkies and I keep running back and forth between my room and the living room so I can catch up but still see them every five seconds lol Sorry for the blurry pics but it was dark when we got them home

The dark one..

The light one..

They are adorable, Congrats!!

After this semester is over, I'll have to plan a "field trip" to Beths! CoopScoop...it's a date!

I'm rationalizing bantams by knowing I can use them as incubators. If they're in hanging cages, I won't have a fire ant problem with them hatching. I never had fire ants bother the rabbits.

I have to share this, even though most of you don't know me or my health issues. For years I've been diagnosed with a degenerative, non-treatable neuromuscular disorder. I've gone from being the hay-bale-stacking-feed-bag-slinger to unable to pick up a grown rabbit from the ground, and needing forearm crutches and a leg brace to get around. And I had only to look forward to ending up bed-bound and on a feeding tube.
sad.png

Until yesterday.

Yesterday I got the results of my latest objective muscle strength tests. The latest attempt at treatment IS WORKING!!!
celebrate.gif
I have gained strength in both upper and lower body, with huge gains in my legs. So I am celebrating! Confetti for everyone! (Biodegradable confetti, please! Fruity Pebbles!) I have not had good news like this in years! I've given up raising sheep, raising angora rabbits, gave up my macaw I brought back from Panama, gave up my dreams of doing field research....and now I may be able to pick some of my plans and dreams back up! I am on the most amazing high ever right now. So, someone do a happy dance for me. I'm not able to dance yet...but perhaps I'll be able to later!
ya.gif

wee.gif

wee.gif
wonderful news and Congrats!!!

sad.png

Until yesterday.

celebrate.gif
ya.gif

wee.gif
HOF- I'm so Happy :D for you! I pray you will continue to heal and that you will be able to fufill your dreams! :celebrate :weee :celebrate :weee

Back
Top Bottom