North Carolina

well floors are finally done! now I just hope the DH doesn't have a "bird sell" while I'm gone
lau.gif

And remember that the padded room needs to hold two adults and a computer for BYC lol

Have a great day and Happy early Dad's day
love.gif
So, who's going to get the computer?
lau.gif

You guys check in as often as you can. We expect pictures! Drive safe.

Safe trip and check in..... RF & CSB.
old.gif

Dishearten and Ticked OFF this morning................
hit.gif
somad.gif

Predator attack last night AGAIN!!! Lost 7 ducks and a pheasant.

Last edited:
Another lovely day. Got a former student coming to get chickens today. Just a trio of the lavender Orps. I got an email from her telling me that her mom got Buff Orps based mydescription of them, and they both love them. She wants chickens too, but if she gets Buff Orps, then her mom will tell her she's a copy-cat! So she wanted to know if they come in any cool colors so she can one-up her mom!
lau.gif

Gotta make another feed run this morning. They sure are going through some feed. The majority of the birds are young and growing, so need more feed. Like the puppy!

I need to get everything set up before I leave on my trip Wednesday morning, to make sure hubby can handle everything. It's only a week, but still. He's not dealt with the incubators before, and he'll have one hatch and two lockdowns to do. I'm going to go ahead and set up the incubator for hatching, and put a jug of water on top of it, so he'll remember to put water in it. I hope. And I'll make sure that all the automatic feeders are topped off before I go, and remind him which ones don't have them, and which waterers need to be checked daily. The young ones drink a lot of water...to go with all the feed they're eating. Too bad I can't get the cockerels out of here before I go, but I can't. I was planning on taking some to WCA this weekend, but I forgot it's Father's Day, so I need to stick at home. And I won't be there the following weekend either, as I'll be in Illinois. So it'll be a while before I'm back there.
sad.png

I have to go to a formal banquet this evening. I hate ...repeat, Hate.... going to those things. I get no work done, can't knit there either, usually have seating I can't deal with, with the double whammy of regular chairs with no arms, and a dang formal gown to the floor, makes it impossible for me to get up. Hubby has to pick me up every time. And I rarely even know anyone worth talking to there.
he.gif
So, why do I go, you ask? Because it's important to hubby. So I plaster a smile on my face and go. Aren't I the good wifey?
gig.gif

I'm babbling this morning more than normal. Time to get back to work!

Safe trip and check in..... RF & CSB.
old.gif

Dishearten and Ticked OFF this morning................
hit.gif
somad.gif

Predator attack last night AGAIN!!! Lost 7 ducks and a pheasant.
Beth! I'm so sorry! Do you know what it was? Had to be a pack of something...dogs, foxes, coyotes...

They didn't get your chocolate muscovies did they?

Beth! I'm so sorry! Do you know what it was? Had to be a pack of something...dogs, foxes, coyotes...

They didn't get your chocolate muscovies did they?
Yes.........
3 chocolate Muscovy
A pair of Magpies
White Crested duck
Runner duck

1 red gold pheasant

1 runner is hunched over....presumed wounded and 1 pheasant has a small wound on it's back. I will put some swat on the pheasant and move them to a dog crate. Figuring out lock ups for nighttime.
I first thought raccoon. Found a headless magpie ducks and the white crested bloody but intact. The rest are MIA and presumed dead. Feathers everywhere. I found 3 holes with paw prints...so I will assume fox.

sad.png

OK, y'all, here's what I've got for sale, and I'm in a deal-making mood! (For y'all
wink.png
)

I've got a bunch of cutie-pie Guinea Keets! I've got a bunch of cutie-pie Barred Rock Chicks! Anybody interested? I'm in Liberty, near Burlington.

Cool! How much are the Keets?

Starting to re-think the Raccoon theory.... just found my Magpie drake headless and an intact runner duck out in the field. May just be dealing with a raccoon.
idunno.gif

Also researching guardian animals.......

Starting to re-think the Raccoon theory.... just found my Magpie drake headless and an intact runner duck out in the field. May just be dealing with a raccoon.
idunno.gif

Also researching guardian animals.......
I've got a pryanees boxer mix, who will sleep with the chickens and protect everything else too! Free to good home :lol:

Creamette is doing well. She is using the leg and can put her weight on it. She doesn't like to since she is obviously really sore. I will have to wait and see about the toe. There is very little swelling in the toe, even at the smashed place. She managed to get around ok today. Just took time to get where she wanted with a lot sitting down. I only moved her once. That was when everyone else had settled down for an afternoon nap and she was left alone about 20 feet away. She could have made it, but I was already there. Besides she needed a mealworm before nap time.

'Spot', a Dutch Roo, has been a real gentleman with her. They are together most days while wondering around in the upper yard, but today he kept coming back to find her when she would have to stop and rest. He even sat down with her a few times while she rested.

Matt

Oh gosh - I got choked up a little reading what your Roo is doing
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom