North Carolina

Thanks for the Valbazan info! I knew the piperizine was limited so it is time to switch.

The hen was one I had already that's been free-ranging. An adult, but not an old bird. One of my black split Orp hens. None of the new birds have been out yet and they are all fine.

I've never had much problem peeling boiled eggs, even boiled straight after collecting them. Boil them an extra minute or two, then take them straight from the boiling water to cold water. Peel them as soon as you can handle them.

First 3, I now have 4 hatched, set 10, they are so pretty, look like they have long curly golden hair. I'm having to work tonight and hubby is 'bator sitting!
wee.gif

Thanks Beth & Meg. I'll give it a try.

Having sooooo many problems with worms and mites. This weather is driving me up a wall! :barnie

Got 14 babies today! 2 gold sex link 2 black sex link, 2 gold lace cochins 2 silver lace cochins, 2 partridge cochins and 4 keets!
4a524021-ceff-6e8b.jpg

4a524023-ccd0-4cdd.jpg

4a524021-cd36-dd72.jpg

And these two beautiful babies are the chickie Tom rescued
4a524023-cddc-7328.jpg

4a524020-ce4e-b2dd.jpg

Last edited:
Creamette is doing well. She is using the leg and can put her weight on it. She doesn't like to since she is obviously really sore. I will have to wait and see about the toe. There is very little swelling in the toe, even at the smashed place. She managed to get around ok today. Just took time to get where she wanted with a lot sitting down. I only moved her once. That was when everyone else had settled down for an afternoon nap and she was left alone about 20 feet away. She could have made it, but I was already there. Besides she needed a mealworm before nap time.

'Spot', a Dutch Roo, has been a real gentleman with her. They are together most days while wondering around in the upper yard, but today he kept coming back to find her when she would have to stop and rest. He even sat down with her a few times while she rested.

Matt

Got all the new birds banded today, except for the three small Ameraucanas from Beth who are in Juvenile Detention. Didn't get all the zip ties off yet...they're industrial strength and hubby will need to cut them. Tomorrow they'll get moved, I think.

Long day. I'm tired. See you tomorrow!

SCB and RF...have a safe, fun journey. I envy all the things you'll get to see.

Got all the new birds banded today, except for the three small Ameraucanas from Beth who are in Juvenile Detention. Didn't get all the zip ties off yet...they're industrial strength and hubby will need to cut them. Tomorrow they'll get moved, I think.

Long day. I'm tired. See you tomorrow!

SCB and RF...have a safe, fun journey. I envy all the things you'll get to see.
Sorry about them zip-ties Meg
hu.gif
I didn't even think about people not knowing how to deal with them, use a pair of wire cutters/dikes, or a small real sharp knife. I'll use soft ties the next time. Hope all works out ok for you!!
Scott

hey can anyone tell me the laws for keeping chickens in knightdale nc. Some one told me it was one chicken per acre that sounds crazy that would mean i would need 8 acres if i move to knightdale?? anyone help found a house just need to know the laws
thanks
Jon

Back
Top Bottom