North Carolina

hey can anyone tell me the laws for keeping chickens in knightdale nc. Some one told me it was one chicken per acre that sounds crazy that would mean i would need 8 acres if i move to knightdale?? anyone help found a house just need to know the laws
thanks
Jon

You better call the town or county or animal control for that area. That sounds ridiculous to me.
hu.gif

hey can anyone tell me the laws for keeping chickens in knightdale nc. Some one told me it was one chicken per acre that sounds crazy that would mean i would need 8 acres if i move to knightdale?? anyone help found a house just need to know the laws
thanks
Jon
call the zoning board,town hall and animal control .....or they call you like they did us and make sure you keep ya green card permit handy....best of luck to you!
thumbsup.gif

thanks
Jon

JMHO! But this sounds more like a horse law then a chicken law !
barnie.gif
Knowing little old ladies and other better-than-thou types, it just might be all livestock, not only the big stock.
Good luck!

Scott

Exactly, it is a livestock law. The problem is that in alot of places chickens have been declared livestock, so they are held by the same standard no matter how silly. I know in Morganton they declared chickens livestock several years ago so that they could hold people to the old livestock laws from the 50s. That way no one could be grandfathered in. To legally have birds in town you have to have a minimum of 5 acres.

Matt

Good morning folks
frow.gif

it'a a pretty morning with all the sunshine
and morning song of the boys and nature
adding it's part to the melody
choir.gif

I'm going to miss this but it is a good
day for traveling as well ........
traveling with three kids may be a
challenge though......
keep the padded room ready
alcoholic.gif

Good Morning Everyone... to all you dads out there... HAPPY (early) FATHER'S DAY!!

DH and I are taking the girls out because he found a recipe to make home made root beer and is DYING to try it. Apparently you can get the root beer extract at Walmart, so we will be taking a road trip.
fl.gif
Hoping our "big girl" remembers to tell us while at the store that she has to go. She was put to bed last night sans diaper and I even woke her up at one of the feedings to have her try....but no go. I may have a wet mess this morning, but oh well.

Have a WONDERFUL trip RF & CSB!! Stay safe, and we can't wait to hear all about it!!

Have a great day everyone.

well floors are finally done! now I just hope the DH doesn't have a "bird sell" while I'm gone
lau.gif

And remember that the padded room needs to hold two adults and a computer for BYC lol

Have a great day and Happy early Dad's day
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom