North Carolina

Good morning to you all!!

Looks like I have missed lots on here.... Well my Swedish Flower Hen eggs have given me 15 chicks, all are growing well............

If anyone is interested I have 2 Partridge Silkie cockerels looking for good homes - both will be free - to whoever wants them... Pm me if interested.

Have a great weekend everyone, even if it is a soggy one....

Good morning everyone! Here's to hoping today is a bit cooler!

I havea slight chick emergency. Only one of my japanese eggs hatched. Is anyone in the Hickory area that has a newly hatched chick or two they would be willing to sell?
fl.gif
All of the other babies are a few weeks older and too big for this bitty guy.

Good morning, all! Definitely hoping it is much cooler today...last night's little bit of rain made it feel so good outside! Scared of Shadows, you have me sooo tempted with your extra silkie girls! I know you have beautiful birds.
love.gif
But, I dare not get new birds this close to vacation time--having enough trouble getting the birds I have set so I can hope they'll all survive. Why can't we just put our birds in stasis while we travel?
idunno.gif

I know most of you are into chickens, but just in case you want to raise some serious tick eaters we have lots of guinea keets for sale! Older ones that have moved outside (about 3-4 weeks) and younger ones in the brooder. Lots of purple, pied, teddy bear and pearl grey, plus one rare coral blue amongst the younger bunch. Our laying flock is young and healthy, and because of vacation constraints we are selling all the keets at $5 each or $4 each on orders of 10 or more. We are in Hillsborough/N. Durham. Message or reply if interested, and have a great Saturday!

Good morning, all! Definitely hoping it is much cooler today...last night's little bit of rain made it feel so good outside! Scared of Shadows, you have me sooo tempted with your extra silkie girls! I know you have beautiful birds.
love.gif
But, I dare not get new birds this close to vacation time--having enough trouble getting the birds I have set so I can hope they'll all survive. Why can't we just put our birds in stasis while we travel?
idunno.gif

I know most of you are into chickens, but just in case you want to raise some serious tick eaters we have lots of guinea keets for sale! Older ones that have moved outside (about 3-4 weeks) and younger ones in the brooder. Lots of purple, pied, teddy bear and pearl grey, plus one rare coral blue amongst the younger bunch. Our laying flock is young and healthy, and because of vacation constraints we are selling all the keets at $5 each or $4 each on orders of 10 or more. We are in Hillsborough/N. Durham. Message or reply if interested, and have a great Saturday!

LOL the big girls 2 are nice no DQs (a dark partridge, and a black) the other two (partridge) have wing issues and lacking in crest size that make them PQ...so probably not what you'd want anyway ;)
the white chicks I have are looking promising. I have a super cute 2 month old blue partridge pullet that is killer cute and some cockerels that have some pretty color coming in on them.

I know about the guineas I have 6 that are about 14 weeks old, and funny buggers, just getting their bald heads. don't need anymore, those 6 are crazy enough. LOL though I'd love to eventually get some neater colors, but that'll have to wait till next year. Keep me in mind when you have eggs next year and I definitely would love to get some eggs from you!

I never go anywhere for long, and when I do i have my parents to care for the birds for me thankfully. if I didn't yeah I would go nuts worrying about them, especially in summer.

love.gif
idunno.gif

I wish you were closer!

what does this look like to yall? breed or species
my buddy bought it at a auction today..........

Birdzilla...my first thought looking at it, its head looks like a darn eagle/hawk. LOL its not a chicken, the beak doesn't look like a chicken, and wattles (?) are coming in like a guineas, off the side of the beak/face not under the face...How big is it?

Back
Top Bottom