North Carolina

14878_4189482935694_220912176_n.jpg
is that what happened to Victor and me?... ... here I thought it was the little monsters
gig.gif
love.gif

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Mary....I always just love your pics and birds
love.gif

they are gorgeous......thanks for sharing them

I hope the rain slips down our way.....it has been
too long since we have had any and it is getting
rather dry out there and I'd rather it rained during
the week so that the weekends I can get things
done outside. The girls are starting to get down
to business and are laying a little but I am sure
the next good cold spell will put them back into
a slow down on eggs............only a few more
months of winter............supposedly
lau.gif

hope your day is a good one
pop.gif

for those of you that need and want rain, you are more than welcome to some of mine. We have had over 3 inches in the past 24 hours, that was as of last night when I went to bed, haven't checked the gauge this am! My poor chickens are soaked. I put a cover over part of the run so about half of it is covered, but it is raining so hard and consistently that there really is no way to stay dry. But they are still giving me 4 beautiful eggs a day.
I sure hope this rain lets up some today, then it is supposed to get cold by the weekend.
I too am getting chick fever, I want a lavender orp, or two, or three,
droolin.gif
One of the people that I sold some hens to, fell in love with the buffs and decided to try their hand at hatching some. So they bought an incubator and ordered some eggs off of e-bay...I know I didn't know they were doing it until it was done. She texted me over the weekend and out of the 14 eggs that they set, only 1 live chick
sad.png
. I told her that I could give her some fertile eggs if she decides to try hatching again. So my question is my girls are young and have just started laying, I know the eggs are fertile, are they ok to set since the girls are so young? Would love to get some unrelated blood in the mix as these all come from the same flock.
Laters!
Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Man, I love having babies to feed in the morning. Makes getting up worth it. Even when you get your face washed by a calf while you're trying to wash out a bucket. Slimy face.

Everyone is fed and watered, so time to shower and go teach the youth of America!

Man, I love having babies to feed in the morning. Makes getting up worth it. Even when you get your face washed by a calf while you're trying to wash out a bucket. Slimy face.

Everyone is fed and watered, so time to shower and go teach the youth of America!

Bless you... Seeing your in Parkton, your possibly teaching Robco kids... I will say a prayer for you...

Good morning everyone!! Let the chickens out, heard a ruckus and come to find out this warm weather has finally encouraged one of our roosters (Tyrone...given to us by Alex) is finally doing his "roosterly deed"...LOL!! The hen was NOT a willing participant though!! Had one of the chicks escape Juvi last night...we're still not sure HOW, but we found her sitting next to the old brooder box this morning so tonight we will be doing some investigations as we thought all the holes were taken care of!!
big_smile.png

Off to do some grocery shopping...anyone willing to trade with me?? LOL

Back
Top Bottom