North Carolina

too much layer will hurt little ones lives so they say... but if u havent had any trouble dont fix something thats not broke when i didnt breed my chicks that some hens were raising eat whatever the hens eat....

Has anyone ever read the article from Timothy Shell. It is all about how he breed Cornish Cross with other breeds and he uses the off spring as pastured poultry??? Here is the link from the APPPA website.

Let me know what you experienced people think... I found it interesting.... if true.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Maybe getting more Cornish next week if I TSC or Southern States have any... wonder what day they come?

the meat crosses that I have raise (very few) have been a pretty decent sized bird. As chicks they grow quick, but in the teen stage they slow down and even out. They are easy going like the meaties but get around alot better than meaties

The day is done. I'm tired. The conference was good, especially being a first time conference. It'll get better each year, I am sure. Since we have the new Sustainable Agriculture track option on our Biology BS, which is what started it anyway, it'll likely grow with the program. I could see some things we'll need to discuss and add, but overall, not bad.

Having a rough night. Darn guinea treed herself because she wasn't smart enough to get back over the fence. I bet she was just laughing about me dragging a ladder over to the fence. Then the stupid bird jumps down. I finally got her in the coop. But really I don't have the energy for them.
Sorry just venting. I am the only one home tonight and I was hoping to rest. Guess that was just a pipe dream. LOL

Back
Top Bottom