North Carolina

Good evening, Chicken Lovers! :yiipchick

This may be a silly question.  However, I will trust that y'all aren't going to think I am completely stupid, and ask anyhow.

Do chickens pee? 

I read that the white stuff is the "pee" but -- this is different....

I have been out chicken stalking watching my chickens a lot recently, trying to get them {more} used to my mere presence.  On two separate occasions, I have seen one 'squat' to poo, and nothing comes out but a water-ish liquid.  I couldn't even tell you if it was the same chicken -- they all {Leghorns} look exactly alike.

Please tell me nothing is wrong, please tell me they are just....marking a territory? showing dominance?

AHHH!  After reading all of this sick chickens stuff, I am officially worried.  :oops:

their pee comes out with their poo, if they have more water in their system than food the poo/pee comes out more water like. This usually happens on hotter days when the drink ALOT.

Anyone know if there is a vet in Fayetteville that will look at chickens? My droopy girl seems to have a limp. Have had her inside in a crate for a week now and she seems to be the same. No marked improvement. So I figure she needs to be checked over. Any suggestions?

Good morning folks
frow.gif

it is hard for folks when their birds get sick
and a knee-jerk reaction is too not want to
get more birds....safe management is key to
keeping a healthy flock to include carefully
selecting new birds and putting them into a
safe quarantine area.......remember...birds of
any age, to include chicks and eggs, can carry
many of these sicknesses......some are brought
in on wildlife.......some by us if we don't use
bio-security practices.......stress in chickens can
cause an amazing amount of illnesses to show up.
I hope everyone's birds are okay and I don't know
of any bird vets but do try calling them all to find one

hope everyone has a good day
bun.gif

Good morning folks
frow.gif

it is hard for folks when their birds get sick
and a knee-jerk reaction is too not want to
get more birds....safe management is key to
keeping a healthy flock to include carefully
selecting new birds and putting them into a
safe quarantine area.......remember...birds of
any age, to include chicks and eggs, can carry
many of these sicknesses......some are brought
in on wildlife.......some by us if we don't use
bio-security practices.......stress in chickens can
cause an amazing amount of illnesses to show up.
I hope everyone's birds are okay and I don't know
of any bird vets but do try calling them all to find one

hope everyone has a good day
bun.gif

clap.gif
Well said.......Well Said !!!!
old.gif

Anyone know if there is a vet in Fayetteville that will look at chickens? My droopy girl seems to have a limp. Have had her inside in a crate for a week now and she seems to be the same. No marked improvement. So I figure she needs to be checked over. Any suggestions?
I looked all day yesterday for a vet because my whole flock seems to have gotten corsyx from some auction birds I bought home without any luck.
I was suggested the vet schools. If you go back a couple pages it has the exact name.
Fortunately, my husband is in the military and the unit's vet grew up on a farm so she was a lot of help (hopefully!)
I hope things get better!

AHHHHH HATCHING EGGS HELP!!!!

We've never hatched eggs and honestly this incubator was so jumpy on temp and humidity I really didn't think we would get anything.

About 15 hours ago two cracked their shells and were peeping.
This morning, they have made no progress and are still in the shells. Peeping less, but still in there.
Do I help them out???

Secondly, a completely different chick that hadn't even started nor was rocking yesterday is completely out of its shell running around the incubator.
It's still small and wet and I was told to leave them in awhile (not sure of hatch time).
However, it keeps jumping around like a crazy bird, knocking into other shells and jumping up.
I'm VERY concerned because he keeps getting close to and once hitting the metal heating element around the top of the incubator (basic $50 bator from TSC Farm Innovations).
When do I take this little guy out???

Back
Top Bottom