North Carolina

TammyFarms.........I recommend doubleA for those chicks........
she has good birds and treats you right
thumbsup.gif

as for the snake thing.......didn't think you was saying
anything bad.........and with a chick eater if you cant
relocate well away from folks then culling would be
an option
hugs.gif

New Egg here in Craven County. Hoping for someone nearby that can steer me to a local source for my bedding and feed. Currently I am driving over 40 miles round trip to go to TSC for supplies. I have 13... 3 week old Buff Orpingtons and they are a hungry little group of hens!

New Egg here in Craven County. Hoping for someone nearby that can steer me to a local source for my bedding and feed. Currently I am driving over 40 miles round trip to go to TSC for supplies. I have 13... 3 week old Buff Orpingtons and they are a hungry little group of hens!
I would think that is a local trip myself,
hide.gif
but, I was raised country!
welcome-byc.gif

Scott

Last edited:
scottcaddy, your too funny. I also was raised country on a farm with lots, and lots of chickens. Growing up in a rural farm community ment we had a feed store in town, a short tractor ride away. Now I have to contend with 5 lane highways and tourists heading to the beach.

There is one feed store(Belle Farm) 2 miles away that has everything you could ever want/need, but when I need corn and/or laying pellets I drive the 20 miles to Gragg Farm Supply. I save 2.50 per bag of layer and 3 for each bag of corn. I get a truck load and save $30-40 to make it well worth the drive.

Matt

Good Morning, Happy Chicken People!

Today I am honored with a visit from Beth! I'm taking her and the older "kids" on a tour of campus, with some play time in my lab for fun.

After we return, I'll go pick Levi up from the vet. Doc called me last night and went over everything in detail. He's doing well.

Hope your day is happy!

Good morning!!!

As of this morning I have 12 Lavender Orpingtons!!!!!
3 more have external pips and a 4th is rocking.
2 I had to pull out for blood rings at day 10.
I purchased 12+ hatching eggs on ebay, the seller sent me 18, and it looks like 16 are going to hatch!!!

I also had some blue/black/splash marans in there that didn't look like the best eggs when I received them so I really didn't think any would hatch. At candling they didn't even look like anything, but the shell was dark so left them in there just in case. I only had 5, but 3 have pips.

Now fingers crossed the kid coming to feed my cat, bunnies & guinea pigs can keep them alive for the 2 weeks I'm gone!

Back
Top Bottom