North Carolina

Is this the only feed you give them (besides like free ranging) or do you still need to give other supplements as well?
Do you just leave it out all day, fill it back up when empty?
I am realizing I may have been feeding my chickens all wrong-- I fill the hanging feeder, leave it out all day, and whenver it gets low fill it back up to the top. The fermented feed seems like it would have to be done in small batches?
I make my fermented feed in a 5 gallon bucket and feed only in the am and have no other feeders out. I feed about 3 cups a day. Most days there is a little bit of leftovers in their troughs by the time they go to roost for the night. I just refill my feed bucket with crumbles and water when it starts to get low.

I add whole oats and 7 way scratch and Flock raiser to my ff and make a 1 gal bucket a day and feed the next day. It's usually eaten up by time to go to roost I sometimes have to put out more of an evening before they all go to roost but for 37 flock members I am using less than a 1 gal bucket a day.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any co-ops or organic type farm stores around Fayetteville?

I just got home from (two) feed stores and they barely had ANY of the items I've been using in my feed besides Sunflower seeds & oats. I ended up having to buy a bag of regular crumble, which I've been trying to avoid with all the soy.

Does anyone know of any co-ops or organic type farm stores around Fayetteville?

I just got home from (two) feed stores and they barely had ANY of the items I've been using in my feed besides Sunflower seeds & oats. I ended up having to buy a bag of regular crumble, which I've been trying to avoid with all the soy.

try Mule City Feeds in Benson......they make their own feed
so they may have what you want or can get it.

Dutchbunny you could try to contact the seller and see if they can or will sell you eggs as well. I have had sellers do that before. Not with eggs but other items. They will probably be willing especially if you are willing to pay what the ebay bidder did. Just an idea.

Edit: there is an auction right now for some out of Conover. Ends in 11+hours. On ebay

I am SO happy you showed this to me!
They were listed for a 12 hour sale this morning from the same seller as yesterday.
I lost on my bid of $60 last night and just won them now for $28 shipped!!!!
wee.gif

Rocky spent his first time outside today in our little flight pen! Now he's back inside under the lamp. I feel so bad for him, our only other chick we had with him didn't make it. They both had splayed legs and hers was so bad she just didn't make it through. Now he is all by himself
sad.png

Poor Rocky he's all by himself!!! I want to get him at least two little friends, because our only other chicks (the marans) are way to big for him and are about 8 weeks old and he is only about 3. He seems so lonely...

Back
Top Bottom