North Carolina

Just one! They're our favorite, but only have room for one of each breed. (At least that's why I'm trying for!)
How far are you from Fayetteville I don't know Franklinton?
I don't know maybe 2 haha...

Just one! They're our favorite, but only have room for one of each breed. (At least that's why I'm trying for!)
How far are you from Fayetteville I don't know Franklinton?
I don't know maybe 2 haha...
I think Rocky Mount or Nashville would be about halfway........if I'm remembering correctly.. It's about 100 mi to Fayetteville and about 45 minutes for me to go to Franklinton. LOLOL well, maybe its not halfway when I think about it that way...Wilson might be more like halfway...
D.gif

Last edited:
Good morning folks
frow.gif

We are quickly coming to what I think is
just about the busiest time of the year..........
and it's exciting. The holidays are so close to
each other that there is barely enough time to
take down decorations for the last one so I can
put up for the next one........and then there is the
fall canning to add in........the kitchen always smells
warm and tasty. Lots of memories too
yesss.gif

hope everyone has a good day
ya.gif

Which is the loudest (and most annoying to my city neighbors):
Guinea fowl, Peacocks or Peahens, or mature turkeys?
(And which would be the quietest?)
Guineas are hands down the loudest..most obnoxious bird. They also fly very well and find the road fascinating.
he.gif

Peafowl are loud during mating season..not obnoxiously, IMO. They also fly very well and like to travel rooftops...

I would not recommend either in a residential neighborhood.

Turkeys are pretty quiet...again IMO and these are MY OPINIONS & EXPERIENCE...since I have Turkeys, Guineas & Peas.

Okay thank you!
I was thinking the Guineas would be out.
I knew peafowl could fly, but was thinking if we built some type of large enclosure like a coop with a covered run?
This isn't in the immediate future, just thinking down the line.
I always wanted a peacock.
The turkeys we have now (knock on wood) are pretty quiet. My tom is actually the quietest of all of them. Most people were telling me they'd just gobble all day. So far way less irritating to the neighbors than our roosters were...

I am in need of some hatching eggs to put under my buff orpington... I have tried everything and I can not breaj her broody. She is going on 32 days... last resort is to give her some eggs and hope at least one will hatch and she will get over it... we have no rooster so we do not have any fertile eggs.

Anyone near randolph co... climax?

If you can't find someone close by, there are always tons of eggs on ebay, that's where I've gotten pretty much all of mine.
And if you don't want a specific or specialty breed you can get barnyard mixed dozens really cheap.
Also a lot of people on here sell eggs and you just send them a payment via paypal, that's how I found super blue layers where there weren't any on ebay.

Good luck!!!

Okay thank you!
I was thinking the Guineas would be out.
I knew peafowl could fly, but was thinking if we built some type of large enclosure like a coop with a covered run?
This isn't in the immediate future, just thinking down the line.
I always wanted a peacock.
The turkeys we have now (knock on wood) are pretty quiet. My tom is actually the quietest of all of them. Most people were telling me they'd just gobble all day. So far way less irritating to the neighbors than our roosters were...

My turkeys only gooble when we do !
lau.gif

I would suggest an enclosure for you Peafowl.

Back
Top Bottom