North Carolina

Well I finally got a deer! A young buck ran straight into the front passenger side of my van. That mirror is gone, the front passenger fender is dented really bad ( front passenger door don't open), messed up that window and the windshield, bent and moved the antenna, dented the heck outta the side passenger door (this one still opens), and small dents in the rear passenger fender and the hood of the van. Unfortunately he died, but his body wont go to waste.

Wondering how Kae Pasa would do pulling a buggy ????
hmm.png

You know there's easier ways to go hunting right?
wink.png
Glad you and yours are ok and that you got some eats out of it to help offset the cost of repairs on the van. Ouch!

Quote:
' I would agree on easier ways to hunt, but he didn't want to miss me, thats for sure! He came down a little hill right beside to road and shot right across the little shoulder and creamed my van. Surprisingly we managed to get both hind quaters and both the shoulders from him. He looked like he had hit with a shoulder on the front fender and rolled his hips into the back sliding door.

Picked up a pair of barred rock hens and a RIR rooster then added a pair of RIR hens at the east Fayetteville flock swap all young. Friday I had one egg from the RIR and today had 4 pullet eggs...guess I can safely say they are all starting to lay!

Gonna raise some RIR and sexlink chicks this spring.

So it turns out she has 3 scabs. My husband and I tried doing it exactly like the videos show, she was bleeding so bad. I never saw a kernel. I fear we did more harm than good. We looked for an hour and nothing. We wrapped her foot and have her in our bathroom overnight. We aren't going to attempt the other areas for a few days. I'm baffled, I thought they got bumble foot from having a dirty coop. I clean it twice a week and rake and scoop daily.

By chance are there any experienced ppl who could come help me and teach me? I'm in Cary.

Thanks for everyones responses... the last two nights I have come in coop at dark and taken hen off nest and set her on roost and left her in dark and hoped she stayed there. Not sure she did but was being hopeful. .. doesnt seem to be workkng since every time I go in the coop she is in nesting box... anyone near randolph co with day old chixks? Gotta get this hen to break....

Back
Top Bottom