North Carolina

Good morning folks
frow.gif

The weather has been great!!!! I do hope it holds
out for the weekend. I want to get out and play so
much but have to work........haven't found anyone to
pay me to stay home. So many things to do and I just
want to sit outside and soak up the warm.
cool.png

hope everyone has a good day
jumpy.gif

You and me both lol
[COLOR=008000]Good morning folks  [/COLOR] :frow

[COLOR=008000]The weather has been great!!!! I do hope it holds[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]out for the weekend. I want to get out and play so[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]much but have to work........haven't found anyone to[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]pay me to stay home. So many things to do and I just[/COLOR]
[COLOR=008000]want to sit outside and soak up the warm. [/COLOR] :cool:

[COLOR=008000]hope everyone has a good day [/COLOR] :jumpy

good morning! my 5 month old pullets are roosting precariously on a very high and narrow existing shelf at night in my shed turned coop. is the place where they roost at night the place where they will want to lay eggs? they are totally ignoring their straw boxes. thank you!

good morning! my 5 month old pullets are roosting precariously on a very high and narrow existing shelf at night in my shed turned coop. is the place where they roost at night the place where they will want to lay eggs? they are totally ignoring their straw boxes. thank you!

Welcome, lilmagill! Roosting and egg laying should be very separate. In fact, every once in a while I get a bird who wants to sleep in the nest boxes...without being broody...and I have to discourage them as much as possible. They'll poop all night and foul the boxes!

Welcome, lilmagill!  Roosting and egg laying should be very separate.  In fact, every once in a while I get a bird who wants to sleep in the nest boxes...without being broody...and I have to discourage them as much as possible.  They'll poop all night and foul the boxes!

ahhhh, i see! thank you! i was worried all the eggs would come crashing down to the floor! ha, it may not appear so, but i AM learning ;)

Once they reach that age they may lay a few on the ground by mistake just because they don't know yet but they should catch on, I find it helps them learn to put theyre eggs in the straw when this happens so they put 2 and 2 together also introducing atleast one grown hen could help
ahhhh, i see! thank you! i was worried all the eggs would come crashing down to the floor! ha, it may not appear so, but i AM learning ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom