North Carolina

I have splash blue laced red and blue laced reds a trio of each all together.
I'll be hatching eggs and of April after I purchase a incubator. And or I could ship you eggs...??? I love in trinity nc.
Mine adults are from a local breeder but unfortualy I have lost her contact info.
I'll look again for it if your interested in these colors.

I'd love to get a couple splash blue laced red, they sound gorgeous!! Let me know when you get up and running and start hatching and I'd drive out to you to pick up a couple pullets!!

I have blue laced red chicks hatching in 2 weeks. I'm about 20 min from Aberdeen.
Hi! I would love to see how that blue rooster turned out! :)

Haha I read your past customers response first re: the splash! That'd be great to have the splash and just the reg blue laced red running around too!! Let me know when they are ready and maybe I can get a couple pullets? Do you have other breeds? I love having all different kinds running around :) We only have chickens for the eggs, so I don't need any meat birds :) (don't have the heart to do meat birds haha)

Haha I read your past customers response first re: the splash! That'd be great to have the splash and just the reg blue laced red running around too!! Let me know when they are ready and maybe I can get a couple pullets? Do you have other breeds? I love having all different kinds running around :) We only have chickens for the eggs, so I don't need any meat birds :) (don't have the heart to do meat birds haha)

I prefer the blues but hatch all the BBS variations. I also have a mixed pen with Easter eggers, olive eggers, and marans for colorful eggs. I also have a few australorps, a couple Silkies, and some random mixed breeds running around. I'm finally getting some ameraucanas this year to replace some of the EEs.

I have a couple splash laced gold Wyandotte hens that I hatched in 2014 from a different breeder. Pretty girls that lay well but not really what I want to breed. I'm needing to thin out my flock before I'm overrun with chicks in a couple weeks. Hehe.

I have splash blue laced red and blue laced reds a trio of each all together.
I'll be hatching eggs and of April after I purchase a incubator. And or I could ship you eggs...??? I love in trinity nc.
Mine adults are from a local breeder but unfortualy I have lost her contact info.
I'll look again for it if your interested in these colors.

I'd love to get a couple splash blue laced red, they sound gorgeous!! Let me know when you get up and running and start hatching and I'd drive out to you to pick up a couple pullets!!

Will do! I'm gonna be getting a be for here in a week or 2 and then will hatch some! I'll keep you posted!

Hi, I am in Sophia NC .. Originally from Lexington NC ... Maybe someone that know's how our crazy weather changes here can help me .. I have 18 chicks and they are 5 weeks old .. There brooder is getting really crowded ... They are still under a red heat lamp 250 watt .. I was wanting to switch then to their coop ... Does anyone know if it's too cold out for them to be switched?.. There is no way too put a light in the coop ... It's small but a lot bigger than there brooder box .. We have a PVC pipe run coming off the coop so they could have some yard play .. What is everyone's opinion?.. They are standard size birds all hens ... Barred Rock,RIR,Light Buff Orpington, Brahma's and austrolorpes (sp)Thank Kim

Maybe I'm just an overprotective mama, but I wouldn't move them from the garage yet. We've had below freezing temps in the past week, and five weeks old still sounds too fragile to me. I usually start weaning them off the heat lamp at night in the garage, but leaving the Brinsea brooder plate on. Even when I move them outdoors, I run an extension cord to their coop to keep the brooder on.

Probably best to start by raising it higher first. I'm not sure how feathered out they are. I use heat plates for chicks and usually brood outside which may mean that mine are better adapted to cold by that age. Just go slow so that they have time to adjust. You don't want to shock them with a drastic temp change that they can't handle.
wait 2 days and our temps rise into the 70s during the day and near 50 at night.they should be fine. If you have a large coop which their body heat won't warm, run the heat lamp out there for the next week at night.

Last edited:
I prefer the blues but hatch all the BBS variations. I also have a mixed pen with Easter eggers, olive eggers, and marans for colorful eggs. I also have a few australorps, a couple Silkies, and some random mixed breeds running around. I'm finally getting some ameraucanas this year to replace some of the EEs.

I have a couple splash laced gold Wyandotte hens that I hatched in 2014 from a different breeder. Pretty girls that lay well but not really what I want to breed. I'm needing to thin out my flock before I'm overrun with chicks in a couple weeks. Hehe.

Oh my goodness you do have a lot!! Are you selling anything rt now or just waiting until chicks get here? I'm out in Raeford now so I'm out and about if you are lol.

Here he is

Handsome rooster! How long did it take your hens to start laying? Mine were growing up while the days were getting shorter (most hatched in June) and they didn't start laying until Jan/ feb. I hatched a few back in November and I'm curious to see if they start laying faster.

If I remember correctly they started to lay november/december ish witch I was surprised about given the cold weather

Back
Top Bottom