North Carolina

Well its official we are dealing with not one but 4 coyotes :eek: :th i havent lost anything to them but i set up a remote camera and when my dog started barking at the coop i snapped pics. I got 4 skinny young(judging by size) boys, digging at my coop. They look bad, skin and bones and maybe only 4-6 months. Im thinking they lost their mom to the wildfire we recently had. I also noticed a very young fox trying to catch my ducks in broad day light last week. And a couple nights ago my friend found 2 baby deer in her horse pasture eating the sweet feed. I feel so bad for all of these orphans. So tomorrow 4 traps are getting set my neighbor is kindly give me 4 chickens that went to freeze camp Sunday to bait the boys with, i think 8lbs of meat EACH is gonna be hard to resist :lau and I've got wildlife fish and game standing by to transport these boys to rehab and then off to the smoky mountains! If they don't some quick i might take pity in these boys and give them more food. O on a funny note my neighbor called me an idiot when i went to ask for freezer birds, he said "silly girl, you dont go makin friends with the beasts that is trying to eat them animals of yours! Trap and shoot, thats what i say." Well i said "i can't kill them if they havent killed anything. I cant blame them for coming up to my coops looking for a meal, they dont know the difference between my pets and what looks like a free buffet." He goes " girl your a kind hearted idiot." :lau

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Wild......I hope you are successful in trapping
those youngsters before they figure out
how to get to your birds...........good luck
fl.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif

Well its official we are dealing with not one but 4 coyotes
ep.gif
th.gif
i havent lost anything to them but i set up a remote camera and when my dog started barking at the coop i snapped pics. I got 4 skinny young(judging by size) boys, digging at my coop. They look bad, skin and bones and maybe only 4-6 months. Im thinking they lost their mom to the wildfire we recently had. I also noticed a very young fox trying to catch my ducks in broad day light last week. And a couple nights ago my friend found 2 baby deer in her horse pasture eating the sweet feed. I feel so bad for all of these orphans. So tomorrow 4 traps are getting set my neighbor is kindly give me 4 chickens that went to freeze camp Sunday to bait the boys with, i think 8lbs of meat EACH is gonna be hard to resist
lau.gif
and I've got wildlife fish and game standing by to transport these boys to rehab and then off to the smoky mountains! If they don't some quick i might take pity in these boys and give them more food. O on a funny note my neighbor called me an idiot when i went to ask for freezer birds, he said "silly girl, you dont go makin friends with the beasts that is trying to eat them animals of yours! Trap and shoot, thats what i say." Well i said "i can't kill them if they havent killed anything. I cant blame them for coming up to my coops looking for a meal, they dont know the difference between my pets and what looks like a free buffet." He goes " girl your a kind hearted idiot."
lau.gif
Biologist Me loves you for trapping an dhaving them properly relocated. Thanks. We cause more damage trying to kill off the competition than most people realize.

Good Morning, Happy People!

It's a lovely day a-brewing. Got more exams, an office party and one student appointment, and then back home for more baking! Tomorrow are my last exams. Then I'll be freeeeeeeeeeeeee!

And I'll be able to see my chickies in the daylight more than on weekends!

Enjoy the day!

We have open season on coyotes here in the Smokies. They are killing livestock, chickens, and pets. I really hate to hear that they relocate them to here. They are way over populated. I saw a bobcat on my way to work this morning, that was the first one I have seen in a few years.
My EE's are laying 1 or 2 eggs a day and I think my BO's will start soon. They are 25 weeks old now, so should be soon. Hope everyone has a wonderful day, so glad to see this rain, though it's not much every little bit helps.

Good morning!! I am LOVING this weather! But my girls are so confused! At least we are still getting eggs, for now..

wildriverswolf90~ Sorry to hear about the coyotes. My heart breaks that they are so hungry and desperate.

. This big boy snuck up on me this morning, while i was feeding my birds, he wasnt but 50ft away.
Mhmmm...Haven't had any deer meat ths year =(

In other news, found a worm in some poo so everyone has been treated and is locked down, no scraps or people treats for them!
I know where it came from so I'm not alarmed just a bit upset. One of my roommates throws everything in their run for snacks and I'm putting my bet on thats where they came from. Happy Humpday Everyone!

Mhmmm...Haven't had any deer meat ths year =(

In other news, found a worm in some poo so everyone has been treated and is locked down, no scraps or people treats for them!
I know where it came from so I'm not alarmed just a bit upset. One of my roommates throws everything in their run for snacks and I'm putting my bet on thats where they came from. Happy Humpday Everyone!

idunno.gif
Birds get worms from other birds and rodents and insects. To my knowledge..........

idunno.gif
Birds get worms from other birds and rodents and insects. To my knowledge..........
I was thinking the old pork and steak bones I found when I raked up last night. I was told pork can get worms pretty fast and it sitting out there for who knows how long and them occasionally pecking at it......Just a guess...... in other news.

This is Ford! Not the truck but Mos Def's character from "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" . and the pregger lady
lau.gif
We go next Wednesday to find out the sex of the baby!!!!! A little nervous and a little excited...Just as long as they say "it's a BOY"
fl.gif

The black/lav splits from Beth are growing sooooo fast! If it wasn't gonna get cold again they'd get the bigger growout pen that's half in/out side.

Back
Top Bottom