North Carolina

Hey N.C. Peeps!!
I just got the wife's blessing to buy a bator!!
After some arm twisting and explaining the educational benefits to the kids lol. Anyways my questions are
1. With my budget of $300 should I go new and get a GQF 1588 or go used and try to find a cabinet?
2. Does anyone know of another resource to find a used bator other than cl/ebay?
3. Should I start building extra housing while my eggs are cooking? Lol I heard hatch'in was addictive so I'mma trying to prepare!
Thanks guys/ gals!!

Gotta go into town today to pick up some things for DH
barnie.gif

Hey N.C. Peeps!!
I just got the wife's blessing to buy a bator!!
After some arm twisting and explaining the educational benefits to the kids lol. Anyways my questions are
1. With my budget of $300 should I go new and get a GQF 1588 or go used and try to find a cabinet?
2. Does anyone know of another resource to find a used bator other than cl/ebay?
3. Should I start building extra housing while my eggs are cooking? Lol I heard hatch'in was addictive so I'mma trying to prepare!
Thanks guys/ gals!!
You might wait until the Holiday's are over and see if more people are back and up to answering a question post.
BTW, you did good getting $300.- for a 'bator!!!!
Scott

Last edited:
Anyone letting a broody hatch right now? Found one of my silver spangled hamburgs sitting on a jumbo clutch up in the hayloft. I have no idea how long she's been up there, but the dogs were chasing her this morning before anyone else was out (she's totally fine and CRABBY).

I moved the eggs and finally got her back on them in one of the upper nesting boxes. Honestly, it's not going to fit her and 20 some chicks, and it'll be too high for them anyhow.

If it wasn't one of my particularly flighty breeds, I'd make a nesting box under the bank of boxes that was big enough for them all to fit in. I wasn't planning on doing any chicks since we're looking at a likely move, but without knowing how developed they are, I'd hate to stop them now. I might try candleing them if she gets off long enough. But darn, she's tge meanest broody I've ever had. I don't really 'need' the eggs, so I'll leave her be.

Suggestions? (Or should I find the breed thread?)

Back
Top Bottom