North Carolina

Good morning folks
frow.gif

When we lived up north the coldest months were January
and February......of course that was back in the stone age.
If that is the normal trend for here then we have a bit more
cold to get through but........ it seems in years past that for
around here the winter cold weather is done..........unless
that dang groundhog is right.
gig.gif

hope everyone has a good day
pop.gif
LOLOL.....so much for global warming!

Off topic, but can someone help me with gardening....

We live in Fayetteville which is all sand, we have no dirt where I live. For the past couple years I've been taking compost & top soil & rototilling it into the ground to make my beds. Things that grow good in sandy soil (tomatoes, zucchini) are great, but other things like lettuce, beets, onions won't grow.

Anyone have suggestions on what I can? I want to put in a 1500 sq ft garden so I think I need like a truck load of soil or compost or something? Anyone know where I would go about buying that and ball park cost?

Thanks so much!!!

Off topic, but can someone help me with gardening....

We live in Fayetteville which is all sand, we have no dirt where I live. For the past couple years I've been taking compost & top soil & rototilling it into the ground to make my beds. Things that grow good in sandy soil (tomatoes, zucchini) are great, but other things like lettuce, beets, onions won't grow.

Anyone have suggestions on what I can? I want to put in a 1500 sq ft garden so I think I need like a truck load of soil or compost or something? Anyone know where I would go about buying that and ball park cost?

Thanks so much!!!
We have a sandy soil lot and to do any gardening, we had to change to raised beds...don't know if that will help.
smile.png

Raised beds for sure. I have the opposite problem - all clay here. Maybe we can swap some LOL. I have about 4 inches of topsoil and everything below that is clay/hardpan. Most landscape suppliers sell topsoil fairly cheap.

Edited to add: Talk to your neighbors if you're in a more rural area. They might have a "poo pile" you can raid. Anyone with a barn and an animal or two will likely have composted poo, straw etc. in excess of what they need for their own garden.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom