North Carolina

i really want some exchequer leghorns. but i think I'm over doing it. in a few days 30 something eggs are going to hatch, I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of them. still want those leghorns though

Congrats!! :) Maybe if my hatch is a total bust I will buy or trade some off you! I really want those Exchequers too!!!

@dutchbunny83 I got eggs from Creek Country Farms in KY (wanted to buy as close as possible). I wasn't thoroughly impressed with what they sent (3 lightly dirty eggs, box was ONLY marked fragile, eggs were facing every which way in shredded newspaper and bubble wrap and they didn't send any extras) however, none were broken and the air cells are okay. Tiny bit damaged but not bad. Every single egg is porous though. I am confident that I'll get 2 or 3 to hatch but probably be lucky for anything more with the condition of the eggs. Oh! They are all very fresh at least! Probably collected 1-2 days before they were sent.
I went ahead and ordered 2 girl chicks from MPC though... Because I was really scared that nothing will hatch :p

erwin nc.. harnett county 

I'm right on the Lee/Harnett county line! :)

Hey Y'all, we are in Raeford. Raised chickens in the distant past and looking to start again. Does anyone have any experience with Fayetteville Poultry? Am hoping to pick up some this weekend if all goes well.

Our family is on a few acres and already have a decent set-up for some layers as well as meat birds.

Thanks,
Kent

Hey Y'all, we are in Raeford. Raised chickens in the distant past and looking to start again. Does anyone have any experience with Fayetteville Poultry? Am hoping to pick up some this weekend if all goes well.

Our family is on a few acres and already have a decent set-up for some layers as well as meat birds.

Thanks,
Kent
welcome-byc.gif
new flocker....what kind of chickens are you looking for?

What is Fayetteville poultry?? If you check Craig's list there are local flock swaps. There's one called the Creek Creek (East Fayetteville) flock swap that tends to have a lot of birds and is next weekend (March 1). It's held the first Saturday of each month.

What is Fayetteville poultry?? If you check Craig's list there are local flock swaps. There's one called the Creek Creek (East Fayetteville) flock swap that tends to have a lot of birds and is next weekend (March 1). It's held the first Saturday of each month.
Fayetteville Poultry is a local business out by the Cumberland CO Mulch place near Owens.

We have attended one Flock Swap already but were not ready to purchase. But that is a good option, thanks!

cool i go to sanford right often.. i want to get to that barnyard auction in sanford or the flock swap the hubby an i find such events amusing..i may go to the show that i am unprepared for just to amuse myself.. even if i dont show a bird.. bc idk if mine can show yet although if my standard book will hurry up and get here i may have something that can go once i scrutinize my flock. dont they have to have some sort of blood test etc before they can go to a show .. i know nothing about this or where to get it done .. do u take it to the vet or do they do it at the show ?.. geez i feel anxious..lol

Never heard of them, do they sell what people sell to them, kinda like Family Fram Feed store? Or do they sell chicks that they get from a hatchery?
They are the hatchery. They have a pretty good variety and their website is pretty good too. I always like it when prices are posted, lol.

They have a calendar of what is available when and a page covering the various breeds they carry.

Back
Top Bottom