North Carolina

Lost our barn kitty today. Poor thing was found decapitated by a car on the road. He was soooo snugly and sweet!! A great mouser too, and he wasn't even six months old yet. Rough day around here.

First the chickens get killed by dogs, then the dog gets crippled by a car and now my favorite barn cat is killed. Beginning to think I'm not fit to have animals. :(
So sorry you are having a rough go of it lately. Don't take it personally as I'm
sure you didn't make those things happen.
hugs.gif

What an awful thing to see Hollow. It always hurts me to see those poor
animals and I feel for the owners/owned folks who have lost that love one.
hit.gif

The Unifour chicken show is approaching very quickly! I look forward to going I cannot believe it is only a little over a week away. I would like to find others who are going and maybe meet up and buy some stuff. I plan on buying some chickens while I am down there. Is anyone else for sure going?

Anyone?

Well I have a more hopeful story concerning animals! On my way to work this morning I drove past a possum laying in the road but just as I passed it.. It got up!! And limped to the shoulder and disappeared into the forest!! I was so sure it was road kill when I first saw it.. But I was wrong!! :)
And on another hopeful note, I set 18 eggs in my incubator this evening. First set of the year for me! 12 Exchequer Leghorn eBay eggs and the rest from my own flock to test fertility. It's humming away at my bedside. :)

Planting the beginning of my garden tomorrow! So excited!! :)

Well I have a more hopeful story concerning animals! On my way to work this morning I drove past a possum laying in the road but just as I passed it.. It got up!! And limped to the shoulder and disappeared into the forest!! I was so sure it was road kill when I first saw it.. But I was wrong!!
smile.png

And on another hopeful note, I set 18 eggs in my incubator this evening. First set of the year for me! 12 Exchequer Leghorn eBay eggs and the rest from my own flock to test fertility. It's humming away at my bedside.
smile.png

Planting the beginning of my garden tomorrow! So excited!!
smile.png
i really want some exchequer leghorns. but i think I'm over doing it. in a few days 30 something eggs are going to hatch, I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of them. still want those leghorns though

Well I have a more hopeful story concerning animals! On my way to work this morning I drove past a possum laying in the road but just as I passed it.. It got up!! And limped to the shoulder and disappeared into the forest!! I was so sure it was road kill when I first saw it.. But I was wrong!!
smile.png

And on another hopeful note, I set 18 eggs in my incubator this evening. First set of the year for me! 12 Exchequer Leghorn eBay eggs and the rest from my own flock to test fertility. It's humming away at my bedside.
smile.png

Planting the beginning of my garden tomorrow! So excited!!
smile.png

That's great about the incubating eggs! New life is always a good thing. :)

Started some more seeds indoors today. Have some more to put in tomorrow - then I REALLY need to get digging in the garden so the stupid thing will be ready for all these plants once they're hardened off!

Back
Top Bottom