North Carolina

When they did mine, they DID arrive quite early! Appointment for 9:00, arrived at 8:15.

Lol I think that's what made me have that dream! ;)

Just finished with 100% negatives on what they test for on my 22 adult birds! :)
However my oldest bird, a bantam rooster (about 7 years or older *that we know of*)
While he tested negative for pullorum and AI he did not look as bright and active as usual. While being tested he actually made a little rattling sound. Ughhhhhh so I probably do have MG and his age plus the ups and downs in weather brought it out for the first time in this little guy. He was immediately quarantined by me on the other side of the property and I'm off to Tractor Supply to get some Tylan for him. The lady was super nice and helpful and did say that I shouldn't worry about it too much outside of treating him and keeping him by himself since it's such a rampant disease that practically everyone has anyway. :/
Of course the day of NPIP is the day one of my birds decides to call in sick for the first time ever!!

Oh well, it's okay because with this knowledge I can inform people what I have been tested for and if they are concerned about MG/MS then they shouldn't buy from me in case my other birds have it too!! We do think this rooster must've gotten it while on another property before I adopted him though since none of my birds have ever shown symptoms and as far as I know, it sounds like you need a flare-up to efficiently spread it... Either way though...

So anyway, have a great warm day! :)

Quote: Glad it went well for you. At least you didn't have a DOA in a pen!
lau.gif

We've got winners!!! Everyone did such a fantastic job with all the articles... but we were forced to find some winners.

After a long and rigorous review process we're SUPER excited to announce the winners of our BYC Article Writing Contest:

First Place: $30 Amazon Gift Card

Nambroth The Great Big Giant Mareks Disease FAQ
Pyxis Guide to Letting Broody Hens Hatch and Raise Chicks

Second Place: $15 Amazon Gift Card

Reurra Keeping a Rooster
aoxa Raising Cornish X for Meat: The Truth
Banriona Chicken Toys: Why They are Important and How You Can Provide Them

Third Place: 6 Month GFM

Sumatra503 Trimming Your Chickens' Nails, Beaks, Spurs - Tutorial
Nutcase How To Train Your Chicken
Demosthine Caruncles, Combs and Wattles: The Features, Functions and Healthcare
fishnet1971 So You Want to Rescue a Chicken. Now What?
cluckcluckgirl Bumblefoot in Your Flock

Been a member for awhile, but never post.
Thought I'd finally say hi.
Grew up dairy farming in NY, but I've been stationed here at Bragg for about 8 years now.
Counting down til retirement & we can move out of the city and get a real farm.

Hi everyone, I'm in Asheville,NC. I am suppose to receive my little chicken coop and run today. I'm so excited. I haven't been around chickens since I was a little girl. Can't wait to get my first chickens. And I'm sure I will be posting a lot of questions for you guys.

hi !!! good luck to you ! post pics !!
welcome-byc.gif

Hi everyone, I'm in Asheville,NC. I am suppose to receive my little chicken coop and run today. I'm so excited. I haven't been around chickens since I was a little girl. Can't wait to get my first chickens. And I'm sure I will be posting a lot of questions for you guys.

Been a member for awhile, but never post.
Thought I'd finally say hi.
Grew up dairy farming in NY, but I've been stationed here at Bragg for about 8 years now.
Counting down til retirement & we can move out of the city and get a real farm.
welcome-byc.gif
new flockers

Back
Top Bottom