North Carolina

Yes many different things but always the same result, I even tried an indoor brooder
Not 100% sure if this is one of those difficult breeds to raise but do you have any suspicion on what could have killed them? They might be too cold since it's a leaner breed. Or maybe the shipment was too stressful. You can try keeping them in a separate brooder.

Last edited:
I figured out how to upload pics yay this is don juan cassa nova my EE roo

It won't hurt anything if that's what you mean its mineral rich clay
i just constructed a wooden box for the coop and filled it with food grade diatomaceous earth. is that correct? some sites say to use a mixture, but the guy i bought it from didn't say that...
thanks!

Last edited:
i just constructed a wooden box for the coop and filled it with food grade diatomaceous earth. is that correct? some sites say to use a mixture, but the guy i bought it from didn't say that...
thanks!
Diatomaceous earth is the silica shells of diatoms. Sharp, broken, microscopic shells. Not the best thing to inhale.

I need to put in a goldfish pond and have been trying
to decide where is the best place for it.
Hi everyone!

CSB - My husband has some pond experience. Along with staying away from deciduous trees, try to put it in a shady spot. If you put it in the sun, you will have algae issues. If they are set up in a good place, they can be pretty low maintenance.

How were the flock swaps? I went to the Sanford one today. I was wishing I had some laying hens for sale, all I saw were roosters and bantams. For those who took birds, I hope that you sold everything you brought. For anyone shopping, I hope that you found what you wanted.

My laying hens sold like candy at town n countrys last swap I saw a guy sell like 20 ducks in 10 minutes too
Hi everyone! 

CSB - My husband has some pond experience.  Along with staying away from deciduous trees, try to put it in a shady spot.  If you put it in the sun, you will have algae issues.  If they are set up in a good place, they can be pretty low maintenance.

How were the flock swaps?  I went to the Sanford one today.  I was wishing I had some laying hens for sale, all I saw were roosters and bantams.  For those who took birds, I hope that you sold everything you brought.  For anyone shopping, I hope that you found what you wanted.

Oh sorry I was thinking of something else bentonite I think... people eat that?

you are right. folks take a teaspoon of the food grade diatomaceous earth in water once a day to keep parasites and other baddies away. i thought maybe i was supposed to mix it with something else for a dust bath though, bc it is soft and white and chalky, not like any dust bath i have ever seen...

Back
Top Bottom