North Carolina

Hey guys! I'm new to BYC. I live in Winston Salem, NC and just got approval to have up to 6 hens in a backyard coop. I'm so excited!! I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with my kids, because I enjoyed having chickens when I was a kid. Is there anyone local who could guide me to the best hatchery or recommend a person who would be interested in selling me some young pullets. I'm not equipped yet for young chicks. My dad is helping me with our coop, so I hope to be ready for the hens by end of March or beginning of April. Thanks in advance! I love this site!:)

Hey guys! I'm new to BYC. I live in Winston Salem, NC and just got approval to have up to 6 hens in a backyard coop. I'm so excited!! I'm looking forward to sharing this experience with my kids, because I enjoyed having chickens when I was a kid. Is there anyone local who could guide me to the best hatchery or recommend a person who would be interested in selling me some young pullets. I'm not equipped yet for young chicks. My dad is helping me with our coop, so I hope to be ready for the hens by end of March or beginning of April. Thanks in advance! I love this site!:)

You need to list what type of chickens you are interested in!
I'm so excited for you!!!!! Back yard chickens are so much fun and a great responsibility lesson for kids. It shows them if you rake care of something, they will take care of you.(providing you with eggs) :)
Post pics of your coop and of course your hens when you get them!!#

I'm really wanting some buff orps! Also interested in RIR, barred/partridge rocks, and wyandottes. I'm so excited! It's just like being a kid again! :)
Thanks!

As far as hacheries and or feed stores you Will mostly get chicks, and I know you said you were set up for chicks yet, but raising chicks is very exciting for kids and a great experience. Personally I would get 3 young hens either that just started laying or not quit laying yet. And I would get 3 chicks when you were ready for chicks.this way you can go-ahead and get eggs and your kids could raise chicks. I do,t know of any breeders of most of those but I do know a breeder in trinity/Thomasville with wyandottes. She sells blue laced reds.if interested just pm me and I'll give you her contact info.
I saw something about a flock swap at aheboro tractor supply????? You might could check out things and places like that! Good luck

Holy hatch day! Over 70 chicks hatched! Swedish Flowers, Wellies, OE, EE, Blue Sex Links, Rhodebars, Cream Legbars, Lav AM, Favraucanas, etc. Can't wait for them to all grow out! Set another 125+ eggs. LOL.....I MIGHT have a hatching problem.

welcome-byc.gif
new flocker

Holy hatch day! Over 70 chicks hatched! Swedish Flowers, Wellies, OE, EE, Blue Sex Links, Rhodebars, Cream Legbars, Lav AM, Favraucanas, etc. Can't wait for them to all grow out! Set another 125+ eggs. LOL.....I MIGHT have a hatching problem.
LOL...you might! I have first lockdown this Friday. And I want to get them into the smaller incubators to hatch; not in the cabinet where all the other eggs are.

Maybe we should just swap Wellie chicks....

Hi BuckBeak, I work in WS and live north of Greensboro. After work today I'll jump back on here and we'll chat some more. WELCOME!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom