North Carolina

This was posted on the Bragg Wives recipe page, but it intrigued me so thought I'd ask on here. This is from a supermarket egg. She thought it was a double yolker, but the white "yolk" wasn't liquidy it was more hard. Is it an egg within an egg? Or just some anomaly from the gmo feed and stress of battery cages? Anyone seen anything like this before? It's new to me so I was wondering what it was. Thanks :D
Idk about the egg, but hello to a fellow military wife in my area!

Has anyone heard that NC is going to require back yard flocks be registered because of the AF.
Interesting.. glad I ran across this post and saw this. I checked the site out and it said that an online registration form will be available by August 1. I guess it is to be used to notify poultry owners if a farm nearby or whatnot gets a positive for the AF. Although it does make me leery to register something on a government website cause they're always trying to do something to track the people in this country...

Interesting.. glad I ran across this post and saw this.  I checked the site out and it said that an online registration form will be available by August 1.  I guess it is to be used to notify poultry owners if a farm nearby or whatnot gets a positive for the AF.  Although it does make me leery to register something on a government website cause they're always trying to do something to track the people in this country...

Agree! Or find another way to squeeze a little more money out of you with "permits", "licenses" or fees/fines etc... :/

Interesting.. glad I ran across this post and saw this.  I checked the site out and it said that an online registration form will be available by August 1.  I guess it is to be used to notify poultry owners if a farm nearby or whatnot gets a positive for the AF.  Although it does make me leery to register something on a government website cause they're always trying to do something to track the people in this country...

I have not heard that. I do get my flock checked and am NPIP reg. so that may make a difference. I am also a sentry flock. I have been for over 6 yrs now. No problem.

I have not heard that. I do get my flock checked and am NPIP reg. so that may make a difference. I am also a sentry flock. I have been for over 6 yrs now. No problem.
I may be wrong, but the way I took it was this was for the backyard flock owner, not breeders, or hatcheries that are already known by the state through other means.

http://www.ncagr.gov/paffairs/release/2015/7-15-avian-flu-preparations.htm

From the article:

"The N.C. Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is requiring all poultry owners, regardless of the number of birds, to register for an NCFarmID number, Meckes said. This will facilitate the department in alerting poultry owners about an outbreak, especially owners in close proximity to a positive farm. Poultry owners can also sign up for a national premises ID number, but it is not required. Anyone already part of the National Poultry Improvement Plan is exempt from this requirement. An online sign-up form will be available after Aug. 1.
“In planning our response for highly pathogenic avian influenza, one problem we’ve come across is that we can’t protect birds that we don’t know exist,” Meckes said. “We need to know where poultry are located so we can properly protect commercial and backyard flocks."

I'm more than a little curious as to exactly what can be done "protect commercial and backyard flocks"...

no mention of how they plan to force compliance either...

Anybody got any better info?

Interesting.. glad I ran across this post and saw this. I checked the site out and it said that an online registration form will be available by August 1. I guess it is to be used to notify poultry owners if a farm nearby or whatnot gets a positive for the AF. Although it does make me leery to register something on a government website cause they're always trying to do something to track the people in this country...
Agree! Or find another way to squeeze a little more money out of you with "permits", "licenses" or fees/fines etc...
hmm.png

or hit your healthy flock with a destroy order because you happen to be within "X" miles of a confirmed case...

I was told yrs ago when I started the NPIP that if my flock had a reportable disease that was contagious that my neighbors flocks could be killed. I don't like this at all. I can see checking them but not killing them unless they are also positive.

I was told yrs ago when I started the NPIP that if my flock had a reportable disease that was contagious that my neighbors flocks could be killed. I don't like this at all. I can see checking them but not killing them unless they are also positive.

I agree, Healthy birds should not be destroyed, unless or until they prove there had been a reasonable way of possible transmission or contact. Unfortunatly a lot of time it is an "over react first investigate thoroughly later" type situation.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom