North Carolina

Well I have reserved the beginning of my flock. I want 8 hens, Hubby is building me a coop with plenty of room to allow for "chicken math" My problem is I want them all different, all docile, all varying shades of brown eggs. Well except for DD's easter eggers. I originally thought I could get all 8 at the place i chose to order from, but she doesn't have all the breeds I want right now. So what I have reserved are 2 EE's, and 1 each of BO, RIR, PBR, and Golden comets. Does anybody know of anyone within an approx 2 hr radius of Winston-Salem that offers Wyandottes, Austrolorps, or speckled sussex or standard cochins? I would be wanting pullets that will be about 7 weeks or so by mid september. That is the age/date my others will be. Any suggestions please PM me! I appreciate any help!

Thanks

Well I have reserved the beginning of my flock. I want 8 hens, Hubby is building me a coop with plenty of room to allow for "chicken math" My problem is I want them all different, all docile, all varying shades of brown eggs. Well except for DD's easter eggers. I originally thought I could get all 8 at the place i chose to order from, but she doesn't have all the breeds I want right now. So what I have reserved are 2 EE's, and 1 each of BO, RIR, PBR, and Golden comets. Does anybody know of anyone within an approx 2 hr radius of Winston-Salem that offers Wyandottes, Austrolorps, or speckled sussex or standard cochins? I would be wanting pullets that will be about 7 weeks or so by mid september. That is the age/date my others will be. Any suggestions please PM me! I appreciate any help!

Thanks

LOL that is how chicken math got started for me. I had to order eggs for this one and that one and ended up with about 25 or so chickens and chicks. :D Good luck I did not find a single stop for what I wanted. SOOOO many orders of eggs later my hens are ageing out on me. I have the same problem again. Its very hard to find anyone that you can get one of each , esp. if you want a dozen or less total.Good luck:rolleyes:

LOL that is how chicken math got started for me. I had to order eggs for this one and that one and ended up with about 25 or so chickens and chicks.
big_smile.png
Good luck I did not find a single stop for what I wanted. SOOOO many orders of eggs later my hens are ageing out on me. I have the same problem again. Its very hard to find anyone that you can get one of each , esp. if you want a dozen or less total.Good luck:rolleyes:
But I only need 2 more!!!! Lol (for now)
gig.gif

LOL that is how chicken math got started for me. I had to order eggs for this one and that one and ended up with about 25 or so chickens and chicks.
big_smile.png
Good luck I did not find a single stop for what I wanted. SOOOO many orders of eggs later my hens are ageing out on me. I have the same problem again. Its very hard to find anyone that you can get one of each , esp. if you want a dozen or less total.Good luck:rolleyes:

I was looking on craigslist and someone in Thermond has some BLRW. If you will pm me I will give you the contact info.

Hey all! haven't been on for a while... but now need some help finding some quail:

Today started out well. But then I got to yell "plot twist", when I noticed our pibble staring into the quail hut... See, she is the keeper of the chickens and quail. She was alerting me that something something was wrong. Then I went to investigate. Ugh. Followed by running into the house (being the wuss that I am- I just do not do parts of national geographic happening in the backyard... Perfect for owning a farm, I know.) Yelling (please note that Mr. Farmer works until very very late at night so he hadn't been asleep too long) "Snake eating quail! Snake eating quail!" Yeah... What a wake up call right?!?! He rushes out kills said snake - no idea what it was, I didn't look- and now is moving Blondie, our last quail, a male, to a safe undisclosed location. Meaning Blondie is moving into the house. We got a total of 6 quail eggs from our covey... Before they 3 females were eaten. So, here's hoping today gets better...

Anyone near the GSO area have a few female quail that they are willing to sell?

help is very much appreciated!!!!!

Hey all! haven't been on for a while... but now need some help finding some quail: [COLOR=141823]Today started out well. But then I got to yell "plot twist", when I noticed our pibble staring into the quail hut... See, she is the keeper of the chickens and quail. She was alerting me that something something was wrong. Then I went to investigate. Ugh. Followed by running into the house (being the wuss that I am- I just do not do parts of national geographic happening in the backyard... Perfect for owning a farm, I know.) Yelling (please note that Mr. Farmer works until ve[/COLOR]ry very late at night so he hadn't been asleep too long) "Snake eating quail! Snake eating quail!" Yeah... What a wake up call right?!?! He rushes out kills said snake - no idea what it was, I didn't look- and now is moving Blondie, our last quail, a male, to a safe undisclosed location. Meaning Blondie is moving into the house. We got a total of 6 quail eggs from our covey... Before they 3 females were eaten. So, here's hoping today gets better... Anyone near the GSO area have a few female quail that they are willing to sell? help is very much appreciated!!!!!
GSO? Not sure where that is, but I have Coturnix that have just started laying.

Last edited:
I have been thinking about rehoming my lone pigeon, since she is very grumpy all by herself, but I left her in the big coop with the chooks last night/all day today and she seems to be doing much better. she even let me pet her without flogging me today! I do still want to build her an aviary and find her a friend or two... but at least she isn't all alone now, and the chickens (Silkies and Faverolles) don't seem to mind her being there.

Back
Top Bottom