North Carolina

I'm in Pleasant Garden & Climax area. We have game hens, silver laced wyandotte's , old fashioned Dominique, red comets and speckled Sussex. We been raising chickens for almost 7 years. Love it!

Everyone seems to have surplus Rooster's. I do too! Would like to rehome a cute little self-blue Belgian d'uccle, a cream legbar (Jill Rees) and a big, beautiful lemon cuckoo Orpington. Forsyth county. Also have a beautiful young pair of African geese need to find home for.

Is the legbar crested? How old is the LCO? What are you asking for them?

Yes he is crested. All of them are that I have. I will try to get a pic today. The LCO is 12-15 months, he is a big beautiful boy. Will get pics of him too. I'd like $10 to a good home (my main concern). They are pretty, healthy, birds.

Is the legbar crested? How old is the LCO? What are you asking for them?

Here are Pics of cream legbar cockerels and d"uccle cockerel... I'm waiting for theLCO pics to upload.

Well I guess the neighbor thought I was joking about his dogs. He found out last Sat when I shot and killed 2 of 3. Animal control and sheriff dept. said that I was totally justified for shooting and killing them as we are allowed to protect our livestock from predators and other animals. Since then the last dog has been kept on leash and away from fence. That is the main one that has killed and harassed my chickens. While talking to authorities, that dog kept trying to come back through the fence. I told them if it did I would kill it and they just shrugged their shoulders and said you gotta do what you gotta do. Thought that was cool of them. It's a shame that I had to do this as I love pets, but they need to be controlled/trained in my opinion. This has been an on going problem with them since they moved in. I have tried to fix any holes in mine or his fences. Finally got to a tipping point. I have lost about 4 birds to them. We'll see how long this lull lasts. Ok rant over, thanks for listening.

Well I guess the neighbor thought I was joking about his dogs. He found out last Sat when I shot and killed 2 of 3. Animal control and sheriff dept. said that I was totally justified for shooting and killing them as we are allowed to protect our livestock from predators and other animals. Since then the last dog has been kept on leash and away from fence. That is the main one that has killed and harassed my chickens. While talking to authorities, that dog kept trying to come back through the fence. I told them if it did I would kill it and they just shrugged their shoulders and said you gotta do what you gotta do. Thought that was cool of them. It's a shame that I had to do this as I love pets, but they need to be controlled/trained in my opinion. This has been an on going problem with them since they moved in. I have tried to fix any holes in mine or his fences. Finally got to a tipping point. I have lost about 4 birds to them. We'll see how long this lull lasts. Ok rant over, thanks for listening.
Man, that must be a pain! My neighbors dog almost killed my duck and I have disliked the dog ever since, though it was finally MY dogs that killed the duck. We tried so hard to train them to the ducks and thought we had, but we turned our backs one day and they killed him. Predatory instincts man, gotta love it. I have to say though, my life would be shattered if my neighbor killed my dogs. My life would also be shattered if dogs killed a bunch of my chickens, so it is a two way street and I understand. Have you considered fencing in the chicken area with electric fencing? I have my birds in Premier 1 poultry netting and I move it when they need fresh grass and I have not had a single predator attack from wild or domestic animals.

Back
Top Bottom