North Carolina

From what I remember last year the Monroe tsc had a bin of feather legged bantams (what the silkies would be in), assorted pullets, ducklings, Cornish x, and red rangers. I am sure that prices and assortments change every year but they always have silkies in the assorted feather legged or bantam bin. Best to just wait til they start advertising this spring.

Hey thanks i could not find anything in face book and when you say the bin with the bantams are they with other breeds if so how am i suppose to identify them as silkies

Tactical Chicken -

If you contact Carolina Town & Country in Sanford, they should be able to tell you when they have Silkies coming in - both regular size and bantam size. There birds come from Privett Hatchery. You can also go to Privett Hatchery website and print out what birds they have available and you can ask CTC to special order them for you - they will be included in the chicks they order.

They had silkies in during December, I remember them. Had white, buff, blue and black. Believe they were the full size ones, not bantams. They were all gone when I went in yesterday.

Carolina Town & Country

You can get on their mailing list and they will let you know about different things going on, too. The first Saturday of every month is usually a Flock Swap - sometimes there will be Silkies there OR you can ask individual owners if they know anyone who has Silkies.

​Yes, they usually sell silkies but they are awful hatchery quality. There are a few breeders around. They are a lot of really good sale pages on FB. I breed cuckoo sizzles but rarely sell any and if I do they are adults and culls.

Not always. I have gotten some great silkies {usually come from Privett's} and some not so good ones. That being said, I've never gotten any with a single comb, like I saw at a backyard "breeder." Usually, they are pretty close to breed standard. If someone wants show quality and not pet quality, I'd suggest going through a recognized silkie breeder that's affiliated.

Thanks for the reply i will look on craigslist if any of you have gone to the tsc chick day what breeds they sell and if they sell silkies i dont care about quality i just want them and can you guys put some links to craigslist breeders and hatcherys

What they have in stock will vary from day to day; week to week. You can order specific breeds, but there is a minimum of 20, and 5 per breed. They'll also have ducks and mixes not listed on the order form, and they usually always have meaties.

Back
Top Bottom