North Carolina

Just looking for a seller at the moment,still deciding in what color or stain i should get,might get me a rooster in the upcoming months,I have a little too many roosters right now and still getting rid of them,and putting a game rooster in there right now will be chaos.
I know people who keep game fowl here in Salisbury, let me know if you are still looking and specifically what you are looking for and I might be able to connect you to a seller.

I have a Silkie rooster looking for a home. Thought is was a hen but definitely isn’t. Free. I also have an aggressive Silkie cross rooster if anyone wants him. (free of course) They both are great with hens. The white rooster is the mean one.
2B92871D-FBAE-435E-804C-D2C422B89521.jpeg
FA690B5B-8917-4A13-A699-88171A4C288D.jpeg

Hello all! Fellow Carolinian in Surry County! :ya

I’ve been interested in raising a few egg-laying chickens for several years and I feel like now is the right time to take this idea and turn it into a reality. I have four people in my household, and I think a dozen eggs a week would be more than sufficient. Part of me wants to order from a hatchery online, but I’d honestly like to support local business. Idk if there’s anyone within an hour or so of the Surry County area that has four hens for sale, but if there is, I would be extremely interested in at least having a chat! The breed doesn’t really matter, so long as it’s not a Bantam - I’d prefer larger egg-layers, preferably an easier-to-tame breed that‘s beginner-friendly, if there is such a thing. Some of the breeds I’ve looked at are BO, FAV, SS, and EE, but like I said, my priorities are that it’s a good egg-layer, docile, and easier to care for.

If not, I’d be just as open to recommendations for hatcheries in-state that ship chicks or pullets.

Anyone within reasonable driving distance of the Charlotte area (~1 hour or so) selling any pullets? I'm only looking to get two and I'm having trouble finding listings online from anyone who will sell fewer than 5 at a time. I'm most interested in Rhode Island Reds and Easter Eggers but I might consider other breeds.

Anyone within reasonable driving distance of the Charlotte area (~1 hour or so) selling any pullets? I'm only looking to get two and I'm having trouble finding listings online from anyone who will sell fewer than 5 at a time. I'm most interested in Rhode Island Reds and Easter Eggers but I might consider other breeds.
Check out Shook Poultry on Facebook they're in Claremont, they get in sexed pullets and dont have a minimum order. I know they've had easter Eggers and RIR the week I went. They do sellout quickly though!

Back
Top Bottom