North Carolina

@fuzzi I am about 20 mins from Greenville in Edgecombe Co.
Howdy neighbor! :frow I shop in Greenville.

The wind has been really gusting today.

We will just close up the coop tonight at dark as usual and brave the rain in the morning. It's only about 60 ft from the back door. We need to add an auto door too! @3KillerBs Would be nice about now!

The interesting thing for us is I've been integrating some birds this week and tonight is the night we wanted to let them all sleep in the main coop for the first time. So I will really need to be there to let them out shortly after day break. Hmmm, going to be an interesting morning for sure. They've been doing okay in the run together but returning to their own coops at night. I think we will go ahead with the plan. :fl

My babies are all grown up! :)

View attachment 3275443
Howdee!

Put on the slides and slicker, you won't melt, right? ☔

I’ve had to work today so my husband has been putting up plastic on our hoop coops on the ne side.

I’m hoping we won’t have anything to bad. I topped of the truck this morning before work. Other than flipping over the outside chairs and bringing in some plants our prep work is pretty much done.

I also moved some things outside this morning and put potted plants in the greenhouse. My plumeria is anchored to the deck railing. Too many to move into the greenhouse. I am thankful DH will be off work a few days. Everyone stay safe and dry.

Last time we had a hurricane come through the Charlotte area, I still had my coop v 1.0, aka the converted baby crib on wheels, which would have been light enough to get knocked over or torn up pretty good. I lashed it down with a tarp over top and hoped for the best.

Unfortunately, the tarp got torn off and the coop was getting absolutely drenched (I had no way to securely close the windows/doors on it), so I ended up bringing my two gals in the house (which meant I had to run out in the storm, that was fun!) to live in a giant dog crate for a few days until the storm passed and I was able to get out in the yard to clean things up. The coop itself actually held up very well!

Thanks to someone getting snitty and siccing the HOA on me, I don't have chickens to worry about for this storm, though I do still have their coop sitting empty in my yard. It's sturdy enough that I'm not worried about it. If we get weather bad enough to damage it or knock it over, I've probably got worse things to worry about than a ruined empty coop.

Stay safe everyone!

Last time we had a hurricane come through the Charlotte area, I still had my coop v 1.0, aka the converted baby crib on wheels, which would have been light enough to get knocked over or torn up pretty good. I lashed it down with a tarp over top and hoped for the best.

Unfortunately, the tarp got torn off and the coop was getting absolutely drenched (I had no way to securely close the windows/doors on it), so I ended up bringing my two gals in the house (which meant I had to run out in the storm, that was fun!) to live in a giant dog crate for a few days until the storm passed and I was able to get out in the yard to clean things up. The coop itself actually held up very well!

Thanks to someone getting snitty and siccing the HOA on me, I don't have chickens to worry about for this storm, though I do still have their coop sitting empty in my yard. It's sturdy enough that I'm not worried about it. If we get weather bad enough to damage it or knock it over, I've probably got worse things to worry about than a ruined empty coop.

Stay safe everyone!
It's raining hard here in this part of Charlotte!

Welcome! There are a bunch of NCers's here.
smile.png

We're in Wake County, how about you?
Mecklenburg County

Back
Top Bottom