North Carolina

they are adorable and look so healthy.. I have a game hen who is in time out for going into the woods and laying 9 eggs with the help of her flock mates, we found her today and brought her home, now she has to stay in time out crate till tomorrow afternoon, only hoping she won't do it again..

I am having trouble with the temps. One thermometer says it's over 100 and the other says it's a steady 98.4. I don't know which to trust
idunno.gif
What do you have your humidity at when you incubate? I have been told 50 different things. When I started out and turned everything on it was at 60 and now it's down to 45, but I have opened the incubator a couple times. I also opened both rents on top. We added a fan to help keep the air moving in there. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The humidity is now up to 50

Last edited:
Well..... I incubate at 25-30%... I lockdown at 50-55%. My temps. range from 97-102 degrees depending on the thermometer and the temps inside my house. I don't freak out about exacts. I have had low temps of 91 and highs of 108. I've run my Brinsea empty.
hide.gif

I even open my bator at lockdown and scoop out chicks, move eggs...whatever.
hide.gif

I figure...there is no way a hen is exact. She gets on and off the nest. Temps are not stable in nature.

I have really...really good hatches. No lie. I've had 1 (one) bad hatch, 3/7... I made a complaint to the seller, the eggs were real small for the breed, I think they may have been pullet eggs, and have not seen an auction since. I suspect I wasn't the only one!

My hatch today...so far 11/14 are out. I candled and saw 1 moving. Since today is hatch day, I will leave them another day or 2 then re-candle.

Good Luck!!!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom