North Carolina

Vfem - YAY!! Someone how is not completely out west!! (Although I must confess, I had to Google Harnett County!!
gig.gif
) So far you are the CLOSEST BYC'er to me!!
woot.gif
Now I don't feel so "alone" all the way out east!!
gig.gif
From Google, it appears that you are SW of where I am BUT you're only about 43 +/- miles (ish...only googled HC) from us...everyone else is 70+. I think you might be very close to BHep because she was about an hour from me. YAY
ya.gif
We're getting people closer my way...soon we might be able to have a chicken show "close by"!!
bun.gif
I am not in the tri county dilemma, but where our "address" is and where our house actually sits, technically we're in Nash County AND Johnston County. Middlesex is in Nash, but our house is in JC....too funny!! OOhh, GL with the Beehive!! I might have to come your way and buy honey from you...YUMMY!!
love.gif
- it's the only pantry item that will never spoil...how cool is that?!? I don't know about rain your way, it's nice (albeit cold) and sunny this way. The next two days we have a "chance" of rain. I'll be praying the rain stays away for you and just hangs out west of us!!
tongue2.gif

ML - Thank you for clearing that up for me.
gig.gif
I was wondering why vinyl flooring and now I understand.
smile.png
Glad to know it will make clean up easier!! We can get those peal & stick kind for really cheap, or do you recommend a whole precut vinyl flooring piece? Just curious. Didn't know if one was "better" than the other. CONGRATS on getting the new girls!! I can't wait to see photos!!
droolin.gif
Brahams are big & fluffy...just what I like to see!!

Who wants to come over?? I just made a batch of fresh donuts (waiting to be glazed) which go perfectly with the cauliflower/broccoli/carrot puree that I made.
gig.gif
Any takers? Just had to try!! Enjoy your day!!

Edited to thank Green & Allabout for the vinyl tips too. Green - I might have to get a more detailed explanation on how you designed your coop!! I need something that's pregnancy friendly and your sounds easy to maintain, therefore, pregnancy friendly (not to mention a luxury for the chicks!)

Last edited:
Bees! Awesome. I would love to have bees. But I don't see that happening. No one in the house even likes honey but me.
sad.png

allabout have you tried to let them all out together during the day? sometimes given open spaces they will intergrate easier.. I have also read to put them in at night after going to roost, what I do is put a dog crate inside the coop area and let them be together like that then after a couple of days I open the door and see how it goes from there. there is going to be a upset in the pecking order but hopefully they'll get it worked out.. I do the deep litter bedding also and thank goodness just finished getting all that old bedding out and put in all new last week..
big_smile.png
boy does that old bedding make for nice mulch for the flowers and blueberries.. The donuts sound real tasty Ruthann but I pass on the mixed veggies never did like to mix up my veggies..

Good morning everybody! Beautiful day in the mountains, a little chilly, but gorgeous!!

I had an EXCELLENT hatch this weekend! 4 little Blue Ameracuanas and 9 Easter Eggers!! I should call this the Morganton Poultry Show hatch, got all the hatching eggs that weekend.

NADINE! I had 100% hatch from your EE eggs,
celebrate.gif
I didn't candle/remove a single one and every last one of the hatched, and they are so CUTE!

So folks, I'm officially over my limit. Anybody have any interest in Easter Eggers chicks?? I'd be happy to meet someone relatively locally, not trying to make any money off of them, just recoup the egg cost.

Cute, cute babies!!

DSC_0491.jpg

DSC_0470.jpg

DSC_0477.jpg

My DH is taking a local beekeeping class and will take the state test at the end, should be only a few weeks from now.
fl.gif
We have bee's arriving some time next month!
celebrate.gif
We were lucky enough to work with a commercial keeper, he is putting in 10 colonies. Will save us allot of $ this year and the experience first hand will be great. Ohh and did I mention all the pollination we are going to get, I can't wait!!
wee.gif
In exchange for his colonies being here we get honey and bee related products, what more could we ask for.
clap.gif

I started with letting them all out together and that was not the best. So then I put them together on the roost at night and that was no better. The 2 new girls kick the other girls of the roost, guard the feeders, and the one new girl is evil to the others and the other one gets beat up by the other 2 girls.

NeeleysAVLChicks: Love the little chicks
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom