North Carolina

My two new pigeons I got today :) Anyone know the breed?

Could be homing pigeons or rollers or tumblers.

Keep them locked up until they settle in and start nesting or they may leave.

Pretty birds!!!

Congrats Beth and Mary........can't wait to see those chicks......Baby Hueys
gig.gif

Nice Orps Double.....you got some nice ones
thumbsup.gif

NH..........processing isn't to bad.......knowledge of basic anatomy is helpful. You ought to come with Beth for when we process here or I could go to Beth's and show you both there
big_smile.png

HT.......the goats are SO adorable. You are lucky .
love.gif

Good to see everyone is having a good day
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Hey, does anyone know of any upcoming show somewhere near Sanford, NC? Just a little show, nothing too big. I have never been to a poultry shoe before and would like to try to show some of my Guineas.
If you know of any poultry shows near me please let me know.
Thanks,
Ashley

Your closest show is going to be the small show in Greensboro on April 14. I do not know if they except guineas as entries. Most shows do not. The Unifour show on March 3rd in Morganton does, but Winston-Salem does not and neither does the FPC show in Morganton.

Matt

You know I have ducks here for you & chickens.
D.gif

highfive.gif
Trust me...as soon as I can get the DH to agree to it, I'm going to be planning a PM session and then a road trip!!
big_smile.png
I forgot, because it's been so long since Em did it, but how long does it take to hatch a little monster?? I mean Emu?? I was tempted to ask to get one once I heard it will chase things away...like small predators (cats, dogs, etc...) and such!! Still, I'd be afraid it would try to chase either DH or DD away!!
lau.gif

I am rolling in eggs (YAY) have over 4.5 dozen sitting in the fridge at the moment. I am excited to try a few new recipes that call for a LOT of eggs...one is a chocolate peanut butter mud cake!!
droolin.gif
We had a lady from church whose mother just had a mild stroke and things have been crazy for her...I am going to take her a few meals and a dozen eggs to help with the care of her mother. The siblings have been trading off nights watching her and such, so my big question: how do you clean eggs to give to someone else without removing the "bloom" on them. (I figured that was easier to answer than how do you get your birds to stop pooping on their eggs!! LOL). I have some eggs that have poo on them, and I don't want to give them to her like that, and I am trying to send the freshest ones in case they don't eat/use a lot of eggs right away.
Congrats on your new birds Double!! They are GORGEOUS!! I hate to tell you but if you have any water/mud around...I don't think they will stay that pretty...at least my splash cochin didn't!! lol
SOS - cute silkie!!
Marlow - what kind of goats are you looking for?? There is a farm just down the road from us that has dairy goats and our neighbor goes to church with them. I don't know the particulars, but I could ask him the next time I see him if I know what specifically you are looking for and such. I know how hard it is to find what you are looking for, as I have been looking for a specific kind of dairy sheep for our daughter's needs, and the closest one is like 4-5 hours away and WAY out of our price range (it was something like $2000 per ewe!!).
hugs.gif
Hope you find what you are looking for.

Off to bake bread and use up some of these eggs!! Have a great morning/day everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom