North Carolina

I bought them on an impulse
hide.gif
and after researching the breed they aren't what I truly want. I really want muscovies but couldn't find any, saw these guys at TSC and couldn't resist.

I hope you can find a good home for them, I am still waiting on my muscovy girls to go broody and we're not that far away from each other if you can wait awhile. Did you put them on the buy sell trade site?

Yes, I have texting, so feel free! I have two kids on my plan, so I have unlimited texts...

I'm not 'new' to chickens, maybe 'semi-new'?...we started our flock about a year ago as a boy scout project. We're in Raeford.

Here's the rundown on our flock:
Sex Link Rooster (at least I think he's a sex-link)
5 Sex Link Hens
2 Brahma Hens
3 Tetra Hens (1 of which just returned home after an 'adventure')
8 red babies who may be any one of 4 red breeds...I'm waiting to see what they look link when the feathers are fully in...they are almost 4 weeks old now.
And, lastly...just today, we added 12 babies that my adventurous Tetra (nicknamed Pot Pie) brought home with her. six are dark brownish and six are yellow/reddish. These babies were in no way planned. I spent several hours today upgrading the run so they wouldn't get out!

~Becky

Last edited:
I noticed everyone is over towards Fayetteville, is there anyone over my way? Im near Monroe, 20 min north of the SC border, bout 45-60 min south of Charlotte. Id love to have people nearby to talk to for advice. My babies are almost three weeks old and their coop isnt ready (poor planning on mothers behalf lol). PM me if your nearby and want to talk.

I noticed everyone is over towards Fayetteville, is there anyone over my way? Im near Monroe, 20 min north of the SC border, bout 45-60 min south of Charlotte. Id love to have people nearby to talk to for advice. My babies are almost three weeks old and their coop isnt ready (poor planning on mothers behalf lol). PM me if your nearby and want to talk.

You are 8 miles from me!

Miss Lydia--- Thank you, I think found them a home! :celebrate. I would love to have a couple of your muscovies, listening to you and bhep go back and forth about them has made me fall in love!
Are you by any chance going to chickenstock?

welcome-byc.gif
to all the newcomers and
frow.gif
from the Johnston County Side of the state!!

No chicken news to speak of, except that I am currently looking into the possibility of acquiring a few more chickens (can anyone remind me of the math to figure out how much room per chicken, so I know when I need DH to build another coop?
gig.gif
) and some DUCKIES!! This weekend DH is taking DD and I to the Wake County Animal Shelter to see if any kitten jumps out at her. I am going to have to SIT on my hands as I just LOVE kittens and would take them ALL home with me if I could!! I have to keep telling myself, this is for her, not me...LOL. I will say the only thing that would possibly change our plans would be the outcome of the check up today.
fl.gif
I am praying that he/she will come this weekend (a St. Patty's day baby for DH who is half Irish & half Scottish...how cool would THAT be??) but we will see what the doc says. I have this FEAR that not only will I be late, but I'll be waiting until 42 weeks or something - AHHHHH.
th.gif

For those of you who garden...I have herbs sprouting, tomatoes sprouting and PEPPERS!! Outside, my beets are struggling (assuming due to the heat), same with the spinach, but the peas are doing very well and I have yet to see anything pop out of my potato tower...so I guess they are still establishing roots....that or rotting in the dirt!!
lau.gif
If any of you on the West side of the state get rain & thunderstorms, please send it East - our way. I'd rather have it rain today than tomorrow or Sunday for those of you WCA'ers!!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! May you have a great day!!

Can we back this week up and start over?

Yesterday I made a lovely chocolate cream cheese pound cake to take to work today. I dropped it on the way out the door. Then my service dog, Jake, refused to get in the car for the first time ever. We had a scary incident Tuesday night, where he got scared by a Hummer in the Walmart parking lot and I ended up taking a hard fall. (Several people came to see the commotion, looked at me lying on the ground...then walked off. One angel lady finally helped me.) Not only am I beat up and sore from the fall, but my leg brace is now bent. and I may have problems with Jake stemming from Tuesday night.

I just want to back up a few days, please and get a do-over.

That is all. Whine-fest is now over.

Back
Top Bottom