North Carolina

Awe...the particulars huh?!? We named her Emmeline Faith, she is 7lbs 13oz, 20 3/4" long and has a head of medium brown hair (not full). The 2 of us are doing well...we were sent home a day early (WOOT) against our Nurse's wishes. LOL. Enjoy!! :) I'm off to nap & feed!! LOL

Oh my goodness, Ruth! She is so darn adorable I could just eat her up!!!

And seriously, as soon as I saw her I was like 'WOW' she sure is the spitting image of mama'! She most definitely favors your features.
love.gif

Well, what I came back to post and update was about the meat bird project. The silkie mama hen I tried to get to take them, decided she indeed did NOT want to be a mom and decided to beat up and reject all the kiddos this morning after she sat on them through the night.

The other silkie managed to finish hatching the duck egg, and I scooped the duckling up and brought her/him in with the meat birds. Chances are it will end up being raised and fattened with the chickens to fill the freezer. I'm bummed I had to bring them all back inside! UGH!

I'm thinking of moving the other mama hen who had the duck into the extra pen and see if she'll take the duck back tonight and the other chicks? Give it a second go around so I don't end up having to keep them inside when I really wanted to give them as much access to grass and outside life as possible.

Anyways, here they are in the bathroom until I figure out my backup plan!

I missed you all! I've had the inlaws visiting this week so it looks like I've missed over 120 posts!

On a sad note, I lost all but one of my 9 roo's tonight. I went to close the coop door after dinner and my dog had torn a hole in the run. One RIR escaped unharmed and came running up to me, poor fella is probably traumatized. I have been working with my dog and she knows the birds are my "babies" and off limits. As soon as my father inlaw showed up she started ignoring my commands and following him around. I'm fairly sure she will be put down, after bitting me, refusing to listen and now killing my birds. I don't know what to do, all I can think of is how my daughter is going to react to having an almost empty coop in the morning.

the barnyard 571 mcfarland rd broadway (right before sanford) check in starts at 10 till 1 pm than veiwing from 1 to 2 and at 2 the auction starts

We went to this Auction today... seating was good... although it was a fairly small place. They had 96 boxes on their first auction. The auctioneer that worked a WCA a few times is the owner and ran the auction today. (Kinda balding guy with 2 earrings and a deep voice)

It was ok.... they ran on a computerized system, which was really screwy. They didn't allow seller's to cash out until buyer's had paid up. Hubby waited in line for like an hour... he was NOT a happy camper.

They definately have quite a few kinks to work out... but it could be a good auction to attend, otherwise.

The prices were real cheap.... great for buyer's but not too good for seller's.

Auction is on the 2nd & 4th Saturday of each month.

Quote:

Something to hide under! The first year we simply made teepees of pallets. This time we're working on more permanent ones. Since the pasture is open, the hawks tend to drive the birds out there away from the buildings. I watched one circle around to do just that; drive them out into the open. If the chickens have something out there they can run under, they're safe. That big red-tail that was picking off my muscovies and chickens at the rate of one every-other-day gave up and moved on within a week of us putting hides out last time. Poor ole girl. She was sure she'd hit Easy Street, too.
lau.gif

HOF, Why would you want something permanent? I would have thought that being able to move them for mowing or such work would be easier then a fixed hide?
As my DW says, there I go thinking again
lau.gif

Have a good night!
Scott

We went to this Auction today... seating was good... although it was a fairly small place. They had 96 boxes on their first auction. The auctioneer that worked a WCA a few times is the owner and ran the auction today. (Kinda balding guy with 2 earrings and a deep voice)

It was ok.... they ran on a computerized system, which was really screwy. They didn't allow seller's to cash out until buyer's had paid up. Hubby waited in line for like an hour... he was NOT a happy camper.

They definately have quite a few kinks to work out... but it could be a good auction to attend, otherwise.

The prices were real cheap.... great for buyer's but not too good for seller's.

Auction is on the 2nd & 4th Saturday of each month.

Thanks for the info as we didnt make it like I had hoped. lol Was hoping you guys had went. What all did they have?

Went to the Greensboro Poultry show today. Had a good time and met a bunch of new faces and seen some folks I met at the last show (Morganton)

If anyone was there and I missed you I am sorry! I was the bright red head with a Silkie shirt on. lol

Back
Top Bottom