North Carolina

Guess I missed you Hollow. I got there at little after 9 am and left noon ish. Did not do too good this time. I WILL be heading to the WCA tomorrow.
I am SO SOOooo happy for you
hugs.gif
and will pray for further improvements.
clap.gif

I have BBRs. black breasted reds OEGBs. I will have to get some pics posted. These guys are tiny and real friendly !!!

NH..... Too bad on the duds.
tongue.gif
You will NEED to take these Buckeyes.... I do NOT need another breed.
th.gif
I got the eggs on a swap.

You must have just left when we got there. Sorry we missed you!

I am definitely interested in a possible trio of the BBR...or a pair if you don't have an available trio. The pairs I got seem to have plenty of room in those cages. There's 12 square feet of floor space, plus perching space. If it looks like they're feeling cramped them, I can always combine two cages together. I've a plenty of them!

I'm jealous of the buckeyes.
droolin.gif
I had considered getting some of those, but with the BCMs, I won't. Two LF breeds and one bantam are enough right now. I think. Well, right now.
gig.gif

You must have just left when we got there. Sorry we missed you!

I am definitely interested in a possible trio of the BBR...or a pair if you don't have an available trio. The pairs I got seem to have plenty of room in those cages. There's 12 square feet of floor space, plus perching space. If it looks like they're feeling cramped them, I can always combine two cages together. I've a plenty of them!

I'm jealous of the buckeyes.
droolin.gif
I had considered getting some of those, but with the BCMs, I won't. Two LF breeds and one bantam are enough right now. I think. Well, right now.
gig.gif

I can do a trio or quad.... I have 7 that need a home. 2 roosters & 5 hens.

So DD has been telling me she hears barking out back by our scale house. Scale house was in place for grains bins etc. and is not in use, it is a shed now. Scales are under ground. I have notice poop around the scale pad and whatever... so I was not surprised. I head out there today, there is a hole to go down and work on scales.... so I hang upside down a peak in. YUP... fox den and I see a kit.

NO.... I will not be shooting them. I love all animals and nature. But this kinda gives me an excuse to look into donkeys.
tongue2.gif

Okay, Pics of my new aquisitions. Considering that I know absolutely nothing about bantams....

The first is the Crele pair. A bit blurry, but I couldn't get them to be still.

Then the Lemon Blue hen...

Then the Lemon Blue roo...

And just for fun....Jake being perplexed by a turkey poult...

So DD has been telling me she hears barking out back by our scale house. Scale house was in place for grains bins etc. and is not in use, it is a shed now. Scales are under ground. I have notice poop around the scale pad and whatever... so I was not surprised. I head out there today, there is a hole to go down and work on scales.... so I hang upside down a peak in. YUP... fox den and I see a kit.

NO.... I will not be shooting them. I love all animals and nature. But this kinda gives me an excuse to look into donkeys.
tongue2.gif

Yay! I'm so glad you aren't shooting them.. We're supposed to be the smart ones. Killing the competition off isn't biologically smart. Figuring out how to outsmart them is!
But if you can do so...get pics!

Yay! I'm so glad you aren't shooting them.. We're supposed to be the smart ones. Killing the competition off isn't biologically smart. Figuring out how to outsmart them is!
But if you can do so...get pics!

I agree......we need to understand that nature is needed to keep things balanced. Maybe if you increase activity in the area where the vixen has put her den, she may move to a new location once the kit is old enough. Human activity often in the area and close to her den should encourage her that it isn't where she wants to set up home. good fencing and a donkey is a good idea too
wink.png

Okay, Pics of my new aquisitions. Considering that I know absolutely nothing about bantams....

The first is the Crele pair. A bit blurry, but I couldn't get them to be still.

Then the Lemon Blue hen...

Then the Lemon Blue roo...

And just for fun....Jake being perplexed by a turkey poult...

Beautiful OEGBs! I absouletly love the pic of Jake and the chick, so cute :love!

Back
Top Bottom