North Dakota

Pics
Yep we will be getting a new steel door and also all new windows. All of the windows are higher than 3 feet. There is a chicken door that also needs some work. Curious about window height? Is it better for them to be higher, or lower, than 3 feet?

Here are two pictures if you don't feel like hopping over to the other thread.

Personally I use pine shavings over STALL FRESH, PDZ great for keeping the ammonia smell down.

One suggestion if you can I would put the roost system on hinges and a chain system as you can then get it out of the way when cleaning reducing the stoop work and also alter the angle of the roost to what your birds prefer.

GREAT LOOKING COOP and bound to give you years of service.

Personally I use pine shavings over STALL FRESH, PDZ great for keeping the ammonia smell down.

One suggestion if you can I would put the roost system on hinges and a chain system as you can then get it out of the way when cleaning reducing the stoop work and also alter the angle of the roost to what your birds prefer.

GREAT LOOKING COOP and bound to give you years of service.
That's a really good idea for the roosts, hinges so I can just swing it up to clean under. THANKS!

Yep we will be getting a new steel door and also all new windows.  All of the windows are higher than 3 feet.  There is a chicken door that also needs some work.  Curious about window height? Is it better for them to be higher, or lower, than 3 feet?

Well low enough so that they get the sunlight in the winter but high enough to keep raccoons from breaking the windows. Cause I've had that happen

Ah ok, we have raccoons around our farm too. Do they actually break open glass windows?
All bets are off when it comes to raccoons. Think of strong person in a small furry body and you get a raccoon. Very determined buggers.

I remember them pealing siding and shingles off of the chicken coop growing up. In the same coop they broke through the window once and murdered everything some 20ish birds...the day before the fair. Talk about devastation to a young 4-Her. I'm told from the people that live there that they still attack that coop and it hasn't had chickens in it for probably 15 years.

All bets are off when it comes to raccoons. Think of strong person in a small furry body and you get a raccoon. Very determined buggers.

I remember them pealing siding and shingles off of the chicken coop growing up. In the same coop they broke through the window once and murdered everything some 20ish birds...the day before the fair. Talk about devastation to a young 4-Her. I'm told from the people that live there that they still attack that coop and it hasn't had chickens in it for probably 15 years.

I had raccoons get my 2 Pekins, my only birds at that time 3 weeks before fair.. Devastated.
They also got my favorite pekin duck when they broke the window, along with 5 young pullets, I was so lucky they didn't get every single bird

Back
Top Bottom