North Dakota

Pics
I've had a little tin on mine. But that's just from what I've heard from other people who have used tin. Also make sure there is no problems with the roof before putting tin on, such as bowing, it will be a pain to fix later

There are lots of people who use tin so no big deal. Even the commercial bird farmers use tin on their roofs. Good luck!

I've had a little tin on mine. But that's just from what I've heard from other people who have used tin. Also make sure there is no problems with the roof before putting tin on, such as bowing, it will be a pain to fix later

I've learned to not always believe what you hear. ;) But some things work for people and others don't.

I'm glad tin is ok, we finished the roof yesterday. It does have the original roof, insulation and shingles underneath it so hopefully that muffles some sound.

Today we are cleaning it out and possibly doing some painting inside if the wind doesn't blow us away.

Last edited:
You are dedicated to paint in this wind! Good luck. I am trying to get the nerve to go out and move an incubator that I just made... How it is not too strong where you are..

You are dedicated to paint in this wind! Good luck. I am trying to get the nerve to go out and move an incubator that I just made... How it is not too strong where you are..

Oh it is strong here, but if we are inside the coop it won't be an issue. We probably won't get to it today though. Mostly cleaning it out though.

I posted updated pictures in this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1136953/large-coop-fixer-upper-could-use-some-advise

We got the inside all cleaned out, painted and new tin put on the roof. We are waiting for the tin for the siding, it has been ordered and should be in by next weekend! I may start on some roosts this weekend if I have time. The electrical still needs to be reconnected also. I have no idea what is involved with that, but my fiance does. We have to wait to get chickens until at least January because we are going out of town for a week in December for our wedding and honeymoon. As soon as that is over I can really focus on getting everything wrapped up and ready!

Question, what is recommended for the floor? We are just thinking straw, we have plenty of that stored up because we have cattle too.

Back
Top Bottom