North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Hi firedragon1982 are you being funny? We are just discussing this, nothing is in stone, yet. And, someone suggested meeting once a month, not every weekend. So, let us know what works for you, ok?

2. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Hawk12 your baby quilt is beautiful. I love the colors and the pattern. Larenzo was born the day after Christmas, what a great gift. Thanks for sharing.

3. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    His birthday is actually Dec. 28th. He was born at 28 weeks. It was pretty scary for a while. Spent 3 months or so in the NICU. He just turned a year old though and is doing great now :) he's such a happy boy.

4. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Hawk12 this is the quilt I made for my Mother. I have it now; I got it back after she passed away almost 2yrs ago. I Love it. It was fun to make.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Hawk12

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID

So cool. Sorry to hear that you lost your mom, that must've been hard. Lost my gma almost 7 years ago and I still miss her :( We were close.

6. Hawk12

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID

I really like the quilt [​IMG]

7. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    Honestly, I have always been the anti-social, sit by myself and read instead of socializing. When I get offered girls night I usually stay in with hubby to watch movies/go out to dinner with him. I think if i were to tell him I had a meeting with chicken people, he might check me into the loony bin.

BTW I quilt, knit, sew and embroider as well...

8. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    Ok guess i better jump in here as i an the one who made the suggestion! I work 12hr rotating shifts. I only get traditional weekends every so often. But the good news is i have my whole years work schedule that i can look at to see what works. I am not at home right now but will check when i am and find out my first Sat or Sun that i am free. Hopefully we can plan this soon. I think Couer D Alene is pretty central for most of us. I am about 40 to 50 min away depending on final location.
    @Goofy.. Please join us and bring your mom!
    @Firedragon1982 I hope you reconsider.

9. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Honestly, I have always been the anti-social, sit by myself and read instead of socializing. When I get offered girls night I usually stay in with hubby to watch movies/go out to dinner with him. I think if i were to tell him I had a meeting with chicken people, he might check me into the loony bin.

BTW I quilt, knit, sew and embroider as well...
    [/quote]

@ firedragon1982 So, you really need to join us, you have alot of talents. I use stay home alot also, but I slowly ventured out and opened up with others and since I moved here, I have been missing my girl time and meeting new peeps. Come out and play with us, we need your input and I'm sure you will teach us a trick or two, right??? I won't beg, but I'm sure you would be nice to meet and get to know, right???

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  10. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    @Hawk12 thanks for the condolences. I too miss my Mom, but I am so blessed to have been with her throughout her illness.
    Sorry for your loss also, grandmas are special.

P.S. check out "Mary Lou Weidman aplique" I took one of her classes and used what I learned to make the Tulip flowers on my Mom's quilt.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by