North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    I couldn't tell if the date was the 26th or the 28th. Awh, I am so glad he is doing well and growing and happy.

2. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    With my luck, my husband would want to come along [​IMG]. I've turned him into a crazy chicken person too!

Here are the 3 quilts I've done.

The one for my (now preteen) son when he was 3, who doesn't appreciate it! (twin size)
    [​IMG]

The optical illusion (king sized) with accessory kitty with laser beam eyes:
    [​IMG]

And this is the quilt top for the rainbow quilt I made my teenaged daughter (it is completed, just in storage), I did "concentric circles" for this quilt:
    [​IMG]

And then 2 table runners:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane
    The more the merrier. I'm trying to work my way out of being antisocial. I want to hang out with people, I just don't want to leave my house. Hahaha those quilts are awesome, I'm currently working on a crochet Blankie for my 5 yes old. It's about 3ft by 5.5ft so far. [​IMG]

4. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    Beautiful! I'm just learning embroidery. I'll be using it on one of my quilts. Wish you would come join us for a visit...sounds like we have more in common than our love of chickens ♡

5. Hawk12

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID

Awesome! I haven't attempted crochet yet. Maybe someday :)

6. Hawk12

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID

I have a quilt I will be doing aplique on but I have to hand stitch it to the quilt. It's some sort of embroidery stitch I'll use. It's a hidden stitch. I'll bring it when we meet up :)

7. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    (Wanting to jump in on this thread again after being away for a while)

I tried starting to crochet in October and just couldn't get it. I had a new friend take the time to walk me through all the stitches about 2 weeks ago and now I've finally got the (very) basic hang of it. For something being so simple, it sure is being difficult for me to grasp it all.
    I just crochetted the egg pocket piece of my next egg apron for collecting eggs.

8. Hawk12

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    That's so cool. I'll buy one from you if you want to make another one?

9. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    I could never get into crochet. I can crochet a simple flower for embellishment for a headband I made my daughter, and can do crocheted seams for knitting, but anything larger.... nope, brain can't handle. Oh well! Guess we can't do everything!

10. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    I'll post a pic of it once I get it sewn on. If you're still interested, I'd be more than happy to make another. Crocheting is a nice way to have relaxing quiet time (in a house with a 5 and 2 year old).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by