North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I would like to pay you for Ameraucana eggs. A couple would be great. We are waiting until next month so everyone is laying better. [​IMG]
    I will see if she wants chicks, of course I will pay for them. If you have enough I might get some for myself. [​IMG]
    She did mention that mixed might be ok. We will see what I can come up with. My laying flock is pretty much like yours right now, onsie twosies of different hatchery breeds.

I will ask about yours too. I really don't think she is picky, because she likes to create interesting mixes.

Thank you all for your offers, of course I will pay for any eggs I get. I am keeping a secret of what I am getting in exchange for now, because I want to be able to show everyone pictures of what is going into the incubator. LOL[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. country lovin

country lovin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington
    I just did a 14 and 7 day candle and all but one of my Olive eggers where clears. But the two rir are going strong. I only have a blue copper marans roo so it will be a surprise what they look like.

3. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Hi Saris, I am a beginner with chicken breeds, what is an OE?
    Q: are you bringing eggs to our get-together at Krispy Kreme? it kind of sounded that way in your post. If you want any of my eggs I will bring some also? If anyone coming to our meet, I will bring eggs? Just curious. or should we wait until we all meet first?

4. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I will not be needing eggs yet. I will make arrangements a week prior to my trip over to meet with her.

5. country lovin

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington
    OE means Olive eggers

6. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    YA! are you goning to set eggs for the HAL? will your bator be empty by then?
    I put my 3 ducklings on my dog bed w/a towel (in the livingrm w/me today) and gave them a large bowl of water. and of course they had to get in it, little cuties.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    thanks

8. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

Yes OE is a mixed bird that lays olive or darker green eggs.

I'll bring eggs if people want. I'm sure we'll figure that out closer to the 13th.

9. country lovin

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington
    Cute. I was planning on setting olive eggers for the hatch along since my marans isnt laying and my buffs are still too young but apparently my blue egg layers are not being fertilized so i dont know what i will do. My only other choice would be some blue copper marans over rir or black australorp.
    P.s. my husband was holding the ducks while i cleaned the brooder and they went to sleep in his beard. It was so funny.

10. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    I have a Q: where do you all get your egg cartons? I think I am going to have to buy some online. I found a site that sells a pulp/12 count carton for .26cents/125 cartons for $33.00 and a styrofoam 18 count for .30cents/125 cartons for $45.00
    Has anyone seen any better price out there?
    thanks all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by