North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    So you're east on Garwood? My inlaws are to the west, just over the train tracks off a side street. So I've probably passed you at the light at 95 at some point LOL!

2. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    I was just looking at the geese you mentioned, boy they are beautiful. have you found a breeder? I will keep looking, I would love a Pomeran duck. I have seen some chickens that I like, but the problem I come across in getting the chicken or duck I want is finding a breeder sometimes. I will keep looking.

3. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    WOW!! you are all neighbors... there was a reason for this thread to start up!! To bring neighbors with same likes together, Hey and it Worked!! YA!!
    Now I have an "off the subject Q" Does anyone here have horses and ride? I know I am probably the furtheest from you all, but I really want to find someone to ride with. Huh, Huh, do ya ride???

4. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    I used to, but honestly haven't been on a horse in around 10 years. Haven't owned a horse in almost 15 years. My daughter is as horse crazy as I was at her age, and she really desperately wants one, but we can't afford it right now lol.

5. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    Yes, we are on E. Garwood at the end of the road. We've been there about a year. Love it out there :)

1 person likes this.
  6. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    Jumping in again...
    I'm off 41, between Spirit Lake and Twin Lakes, up on Seasons Hill.

My project (one of many) is a horse barn and arena. We need horses soon (hunting... my knees aren't doing great running up and down hills anymore, lol, go figure).

The rest of the projects are: Chicken breeding pens, a new door for the big coop, new door for the medium coop, new levels on the quail pen, and an aviary for Tinamou that I hope to be purchasing in August.
    I love my projects and being outside working in the summer.

1 person likes this.
  7. country lovin

country lovin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington
    I bought one white leghorns Ron someone off Garwood last August! And my cousins live off of clagstone and one lives off of kelso lake cut off so we are always out there

8. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Oh darn. how old is your daughter? has she ever been on a horse?

9. CyndiD

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Sounds like me and my husband. we moved here last aug and have been remodeling the inside of the house and the outside landscaping and building a hay shed and a duck house, etc., etc. We love being outside all day in the spring summer and fall.. we are outside a lot in the winter too, of course because of all our animals. And the past 2 weeks we have been going to St Maries to get free sawdust/pine shaving and bark for all our muddy areas. Its great stuff.
    so, when you get horses let me know... we are not very close, but I do have a trailer and i am willing to trailer my horses to your area.

10. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    My daughter has taken quite a few riding lessons. I would love to get her a horse but we can't afford one either right now. She's 15.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by