North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Songster

Feb 9, 2015
    I can't wait for my ducks... Of course can't have/hatch them until we've moved, but I can't wait! I also can't wait for the geese either!

2. CyndiD

CyndiD Songster

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    When are you moving? and where? you are not moving away from this area are you, hope not.
    What kind of ducks and geese are you planning on getting? I love my ducks and chickens, they sure can eat!!

3. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Songster

Feb 9, 2015
    Nah, we're not moving away, we'll still be in the Rathdrum/Athol area. Our house is nearly finished being built on 5 acres near Silverwood. Should be finished the 17th! We're currently living in my In-Laws in-law apartment. They love chickens, so said we could get those, while living here, but they aren't keen on waterfowl for some reason.

I really really really (really?) want Ancona & Welsh Harlequin ducks and either Saddleback Pomeranian geese or Shetland geese. Also my mom wants me to get the non-dewlap Toulouse for some reason. She said she really likes them. But we have a while to make final decisions.

4. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Songster

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I am N of Hwy 54 off Glagstone Rd just 3 miles over the Bonner Co line. We are pretty close. Are you in Silver Meadows?

I had 14 eggs go into lockdown today!! When we were candling I could not see anything but black. I did have a really poor flashlight to do it with. This is my first incubation and I have no idea what I am looking for when candling except at day 7 to see if they are clear or there is something in there. I have a staggered hatch going on, which probably was not a good idea for my first try but I just couldn't help it with all that room!! I got a GQF 1502 Sportsman for Christmas... Hopefully I will have some fluffy butts on Saturday. The part that sucks is I have to work and I will be gone till 8PM!!! I will probably miss the whole thing.

5. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Songster

Feb 9, 2015
    We are actually going to be about 3 houses off Clagstone on Remington (paved section). My parents are in the city of Athol, and my husbands parents are right off of Garwood, so this is a good median location since both sets are starting to need more help around the house/properties.

6. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Songster

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I used to live out there with my ex in 99 to 2005. I was just up Remington to the east off Caribou on White Cloud. I did not know there were any lots still open out there. I do see where there is a house on Clagstone being built between Remington and Shoshone. WOW you are pretty close to me then. How exciting for you! And to be close to both your parents is nice. Mine are just off the Spirit Lake Cutoff rd. But my hubby's are in Superior Mt. That is not terribly far but not as close as we would like.

7. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Songster

Feb 9, 2015

We have a friend on butte off weir rd. She said the lots that were just built on were a farm that went bankrupt and parceled out.

Edit: to bring this back to chickens... How do you know when it is time to re clip some wing feathers? When one of your hens sees you coming up the drive in your vehicle and decides to come greet you by flying at least 7 feet up, and 15 to 20 feet to get over 2 sets of fences, to literally come to my feet to say hi...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  8. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Songster

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho

Oh my gosh that is a great story! I guess she really love you!

9. Hawk12

Hawk12 Songster

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID

This is too funny, we live at the end of Garwood Rd. Take a right off 9

10. Hawk12

Hawk12 Songster

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID

Off 95. I'm 10 minutes from Silverwood :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by