North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
My daughter has taken quite a few riding lessons.  I would love to get her a horse but we can't afford one either right now.  She's 15.  

i would love for her to come ride with me. But you live far from me. And riding someone elses horese can be a liability. my horses are broke but horses are unpredicable.

Oh darn. how old is your daughter? has she ever been on a horse?

My daughter is 15 and rides her grandparent's horses. We're hoping to get her a volunteer job at Remington ranch in exchange for proper riding lessons since we'll be half a mile from them.

My daughter has taken quite a few riding lessons.  I would love to get her a horse but we can't afford one either right now.  She's 15.  

My daughter is also 15! Scary! Lol

My daughter is 15 and rides her grandparent's horses. We're hoping to get her a volunteer job at Remington ranch in exchange for proper riding lessons since we'll be half a mile from them.
My daughter is also 15! Scary! Lol
Totally! She's a sophomore at Lake City. We kept her there after we moved. She loves horses and riding. Where is Remington Ranch?

WOW!! you are all neighbors... there was a reason for this thread to start up!! To bring neighbors with same likes together, Hey and it Worked!! YA!!
Now I have an "off the subject Q" Does anyone here have horses and ride? I know I am probably the furtheest from you all, but I really want to find someone to ride with. Huh, Huh, do ya ride???
I love the fact that there are so many close to me! I am sooo looking forward to our meeting next weekend. I think I will have to take notes to keep everyone's real names and where they live straight for a while.

I used to ride and own horses but it has been a number of years for me as well. I am too heavy now and not limber enough to get up on one.. HA HA Besides I am on blood thinners and if I fell off and hit my head it could be the end of me, even with a helmet.

Oh!... Also I am trying to get an egg exchange going with another BYC member who lives in North Central Washington. It is pretty eggciting on what she is going to trade me. I just need to come up with some purebred eggs to trade with her. It will be next month and I am willing to pay for eggs. I want to present her with a nice mix. What do you all have available breed wise??

Totally! She's a sophomore at Lake City. We kept her there after we moved. She loves horses and riding. Where is Remington Ranch?

Haha, mine is at Timberlake because we wanted her to start out at the HS she'd be at for the entire HS time. Been hauling her up there every morning while my mom brings her back to Rathdrum in the afternoons LOL. I graduated from LCHS waaaay back in 2000!

I love the fact that there are so many close to me! I am sooo looking forward to our meeting next weekend. I think I will have to take notes to keep everyone's real names and where they live straight for a while.

I used to ride and own horses but it has been a number of years for me as well. I am too heavy now and not limber enough to get up on one.. HA HA Besides I am on blood thinners and if I fell off and hit my head it could be the end of me, even with a helmet.

Oh!... Also I am trying to get an egg exchange going with another BYC member who lives in North Central Washington. It is pretty eggciting on what she is going to trade me. I just need to come up with some purebred eggs to trade with her. It will be next month and I am willing to pay for eggs. I want to present her with a nice mix. What do you all have available breed wise??

I've got a trio of White Ameraucanas, a Buff Ameraucana hen (hoping to get buff ameraucana hatching eggs this spring... or even just a cockerel/cock), and some mixes (dorking/silkie and a white leghorn/delaware). I'd be happy to help and donate a few eggs. I'm only getting about 1 egg a day right now. My buff is raising a chick... which I am taking away from her tomorrow.

I'll have a couple of chicks you can take her but no eggs. I have 7 that are supposed to hatch tomorrow and I have 12 more in the incubator that are due on the 20th. They are purebred blue partridge brahmas and gold partridge brahmas.

My chickens are from the feed stores, so i really dont know how pure they are. i have common backyard chickens. i was given a roo from my neighbor (australorp) and have offspring that i hatched. they are beautiful, but i actually dont know their linage. sorry. i am looking forward to exchanging eggs also just so i am not inbreeding my flock for too long.
but i am not sure you all want any of my eggs?
if you check out my pictures in my profile you can see what i have. let me know if you/anyone wants to exchange eggs. i would love more polish chickens. i also have an australorp roo, that i hatched that i am willing to give away or trade eggs for. All my hens are laying (12 hens), you are welcome to my eggs in exchange, if you want.

Last edited:
My chickens are from the fede stores, so i really dont know how pure they are. i have common backyard chickens. i was given a roo from my neighbor (australorp) and have offspring that i hatched. they are beautiful, but i actually dont know their linage. sorry. i am looking forward to exchanging eggs also just so i am not inbreeding my flock for too long.
but i am not sure you all want any of my eggs?
if you check out my pictures in my profile you can see what i have. let me know if you/anyone wants to exchange eggs. i would love more polish chickens. i also have an australorp roo, that i hatched that i am willing to give away or trade eggs for.

I had feed store chickens to start with too. I got an OE roo over them so half their chicks will be green layers. I will have a full bator but I can bring hatching eggs for others too.

I have welsummers, some blue/black ameraucanas, and some BCM who should start laying any time now. Unfortunately there would be no guarantee any offspring would be pure as they arent separated yet, won't have separate pens until probably around March/April. And then any offspring for a month or so after that still would have a chance of not being pure.

Back
Top Bottom