North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    i would love for her to come ride with me. But you live far from me. And riding someone elses horese can be a liability. my horses are broke but horses are unpredicable.

2. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015

My daughter is 15 and rides her grandparent's horses. We're hoping to get her a volunteer job at Remington ranch in exchange for proper riding lessons since we'll be half a mile from them.

My daughter is also 15! Scary! Lol

3. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    Totally! She's a sophomore at Lake City. We kept her there after we moved. She loves horses and riding. Where is Remington Ranch?

4. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    I love the fact that there are so many close to me! I am sooo looking forward to our meeting next weekend. I think I will have to take notes to keep everyone's real names and where they live straight for a while.

I used to ride and own horses but it has been a number of years for me as well. I am too heavy now and not limber enough to get up on one.. HA HA Besides I am on blood thinners and if I fell off and hit my head it could be the end of me, even with a helmet.

Oh!... Also I am trying to get an egg exchange going with another BYC member who lives in North Central Washington. It is pretty eggciting on what she is going to trade me. I just need to come up with some purebred eggs to trade with her. It will be next month and I am willing to pay for eggs. I want to present her with a nice mix. What do you all have available breed wise??

5. firedragon1982

Feb 9, 2015
    Haha, mine is at Timberlake because we wanted her to start out at the HS she'd be at for the entire HS time. Been hauling her up there every morning while my mom brings her back to Rathdrum in the afternoons LOL. I graduated from LCHS waaaay back in 2000!

6. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    I've got a trio of White Ameraucanas, a Buff Ameraucana hen (hoping to get buff ameraucana hatching eggs this spring... or even just a cockerel/cock), and some mixes (dorking/silkie and a white leghorn/delaware). I'd be happy to help and donate a few eggs. I'm only getting about 1 egg a day right now. My buff is raising a chick... which I am taking away from her tomorrow.

7. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    I'll have a couple of chicks you can take her but no eggs. I have 7 that are supposed to hatch tomorrow and I have 12 more in the incubator that are due on the 20th. They are purebred blue partridge brahmas and gold partridge brahmas.

8. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    My chickens are from the feed stores, so i really dont know how pure they are. i have common backyard chickens. i was given a roo from my neighbor (australorp) and have offspring that i hatched. they are beautiful, but i actually dont know their linage. sorry. i am looking forward to exchanging eggs also just so i am not inbreeding my flock for too long.
    but i am not sure you all want any of my eggs?
    if you check out my pictures in my profile you can see what i have. let me know if you/anyone wants to exchange eggs. i would love more polish chickens. i also have an australorp roo, that i hatched that i am willing to give away or trade eggs for. All my hens are laying (12 hens), you are welcome to my eggs in exchange, if you want.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  9. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane

I had feed store chickens to start with too. I got an OE roo over them so half their chicks will be green layers. I will have a full bator but I can bring hatching eggs for others too.

10. firedragon1982

Feb 9, 2015
    I have welsummers, some blue/black ameraucanas, and some BCM who should start laying any time now. Unfortunately there would be no guarantee any offspring would be pure as they arent separated yet, won't have separate pens until probably around March/April. And then any offspring for a month or so after that still would have a chance of not being pure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by