North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
Do duck eggs take longer to zip? One pipped early this am and the other this afternoon, but not much progress before I left for work. They are rocking the eggs so i know they are alive. How long do i wait at assist?

Speaking of duck eggs... Candled my 19 harlequins and 5 pomeranian goose eggs tonight. 4 ducks look like blood rings, so marked them as questionable. 4 were clears. of the goose eggs 2 for sure could see veins/embryo, 1 was for sure clear, and the other 2 I was questioning my eyes about the veins/no veins, so leaving them in there for now.

I'd say same as chickens. Wait for over 24 hrs before assisting. 

Thank you. I have been worried all day and with having to leave for a 12 hr shift tonight. I lost one Serama in the egg, it pipped but only opened up a little bit. It was gone when i tried to help.

Good luck on the rest of your eggs!

Last edited:
Don't forget!

2 pm tomorrow at Krispy Kreme in the valley!

Oh I'm so excited!!!
Thank you. I have been worried all day and with having to leave for a 12 hr shift tonight. I lost one Serama in the egg, it pipped but only opened up a little bit. It was gone when i tried to help.

Good luck on the rest of your eggs!

That's sad. I hope the rest do okay.
My friend is not moving this weekend! we have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow in town so I will be there, but I'll have my husband and son with me.
Hooray!!

Do duck eggs take longer to zip? One pipped early this am and the other this afternoon, but not much progress before I left for work. They are rocking the eggs so i know they are alive. How long do i wait at assist?

3 of my duck eggs took almost 48 hrs to zip with a little help from me.
P.S. I will be there tomorrow

Last edited:
Don't forget!

2 pm tomorrow at Krispy Kreme in the valley!

I am sooo looking forward to this!

My friend is not moving this weekend! we have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow in town so I will be there, but I'll have my husband and son with me.

Yay!!

3 of my duck eggs took almost 48 hrs to zip with a little help from me.
P.S. I will be there tomorrow

One hatched! My daughter helped a little. The other is still pipped and rockin!

Back
Top Bottom