North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    I have to go outside & tend to my garden or other pets when i get like this! Or go for a drive.

2. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    That's right. Usually it's a fully developed chick that either never internally or externally pipped for some reason.

3. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID

It's a still air Styrofoam one. I've hatched with it before and I've done everything right. I'll be surprised if none hatch. The eggs were shipped from S. Idaho.

4. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    If my son had the option of naming this one, meet poophead:
    [​IMG]

Lucky for me He doesn't. Both parents were white Ameraucana. So this may be breeding stock.

2 people like this.
  5. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    Some breeds hatch earlier/later than others. And sometimes the more you try and control the environment the eggs are in, the less it works. I noticed the more I tried to make the humidity "perfect" the less would hatch (my poor araucana/d'uccle eggs :() But my BCM which I just said "whatever happens" still had a majority that hatched despite that 8 hour power outage. [​IMG]

6. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID

I know, its so funny but 2 of the recent hatches were when we had power outages and I had to haul then to my parents. One of those was during lockdown and half of them hatched just fine. This time I totally follow the rules and so far...nothing. Go figure. I candled them tonight because of a bad smell coming from it. 2 were DIS but the other 5 are still moving around and I can see veins. They're just not ready I guess. I believe 1 is pipped internally though. I've never seen it before but I'm guessing thats what I was seeing.

7. CyndiD

CyndiD Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2015
    Northern Idaho
    Hi Ladies... ave you read @Lacrystol Incubating tips? here is her site. She has 3 methods. It's a good read and great help. I am trying one of her methods this hatch for my SWH and Pekin ducks. and when I set my WCBP, NH & LH eggs next week. Good Luck... http://www.lwbarnhouse.com/method1.html

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  8. CGilbert

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    Right now, my hardest thing is avoiding craigslist for hatching eggs and chicks

9. Saris

Saris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2015
    Spokane
    I'm literally on there right now looking for dressers. haha

10. CGilbert

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    Believe it or not, my IP address is BLOCKED from craigslist. Ive been emailing them for weeks, but they are refusing to reply to me (grrrrr... considering I post ads on there)

Edit to add:

I post my chicks and photography on craigslist, thats it

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by