North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Pics
Not sure if any of you know what a Saipan looks like. When I saw one, I had to have one.. Well.... after buying eggs, I did further research on these beautiful birds. They are not particularly cold hardy. Soooo I have decided if need be I will have my mother in law knit sweaters for them and I will have a nice heat pad for them to be on and an insulated coop. These will be very spoiled. But in the summer I will have four of these huge Jurassic Park looking birds cruising around my yard...He He....

What predator is gonna take on a 2ft or larger rooster!!

Wow, those look funky.

Hi Everyone, just got home from work
sad.png
This working thing is overrated. I'd rather sit home and hover over my eggs that are supposed to hatch Saturday...haha.

Egg hovering is the best!

On a side note, we're finally closing on our house tomorrow!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

Can start our move in on Monday, thank goodness I have all next week off!!

Edit to add: AAAANNNNDDD even after closing, we have enough saved we will be purchasing a shed to convert to a coop. Have enough we could get several sheds, but we'll start with one 8x12 for now. My hoop coop will become the duck/geese coop for a while I think!

Awesome!!! Post pics of your new digs!!!

I have no idea. Lol. My malpositioned pip just hatched!I actually went to check on it on a bathroom run and saw it right as it was coming out!
Hooray!!!

So my cousin was the one who gave me this dozen eggs to hatch in hopes that I would end up with at least 1 barred rock pullet. I think I literally only got 1. Guess I won't be tempted to keep more than her and my Olive egger.

Last edited:
On a side note, we're finally closing on our house tomorrow! :weee :celebrate :ya

Can start our move in on Monday, thank goodness I have all next week off!!

Edit to add: AAAANNNNDDD even after closing, we have enough saved we will be purchasing a shed to convert to a coop. Have enough we could get several sheds, but we'll start with one 8x12 for now. My hoop coop will become the duck/geese coop for a while I think!
[/quote]

Yay! Congrats! Now we will be closer neighbors!

I have no idea. Lol. My malpositioned pip just hatched!I actually went to check on it on a bathroom run and saw it right as it was coming out!

I so happy for you, glad the hatch is going well..

Hi Everyone, just got home from work :( This working thing is overrated. I'd rather sit home and hover over my eggs that are supposed to hatch Saturday...haha.

I know! Work always seems to get in the way.

14 day candle of waterfowl eggs, all 15 ducks going strong, all 3 goose eggs going strong. Hoping I get at least 1 female from the goose eggs. Would be sad if all 3 were males. Would be awesome if 2 were female and 1 male.

14 day candle of waterfowl eggs, all 15 ducks going strong, all 3 goose eggs going strong. Hoping I get at least 1 female from the goose eggs. Would be sad if all 3 were males. Would be awesome if 2 were female and 1 male.

Good luck :) My hatch is at the end of day 21 and nothing is happening yet. Getting worried.

Back
Top Bottom