North Idaho / Eastern Washington

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SusanRenee, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CGilbert

CGilbert Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2015
    Spirit Lake, ID
    That way I have the 2 month window to ensure fertility from the right rooster in hatching eggs.

2. UGLYFOOT

UGLYFOOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    It is very smart to plan in advance. That is what responsible breeders do.. Not scramble to build brooders and pens because you have set too many eggs and too closely staggered your hatch dates.. Like me. ha ha

1 person likes this.
  3. UGLYFOOT

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    How is the hatch going?

I have 6 hatched! 4 Saipan and 2 silkies ONE IS A SHOWGIRL!!!!! WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!
    Three eggs still in the bator that are silkie/showgirl.. [​IMG]

4. country lovin

country lovin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington

Last edited: Feb 18, 2016
  5. UGLYFOOT

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    Empty? Did you mean to leave a message? LOL

6. UGLYFOOT

Apr 5, 2015
    Spirit Lake, Idaho
    Not sure if any of you know what a Saipan looks like. When I saw one, I had to have one.. Well.... after buying eggs, I did further research on these beautiful birds. They are not particularly cold hardy. Soooo I have decided if need be I will have my mother in law knit sweaters for them and I will have a nice heat pad for them to be on and an insulated coop. These will be very spoiled. But in the summer I will have four of these huge Jurassic Park looking birds cruising around my yard...He He....[​IMG]

What predator is gonna take on a 2ft or larger rooster!!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  7. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    Hi Everyone, just got home from work :( This working thing is overrated. I'd rather sit home and hover over my eggs that are supposed to hatch Saturday...haha.

8. firedragon1982

firedragon1982 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2015
    Don't jinx yourself... There are coyotes and neighbor dogs running around after all.

I know what you mean! But I work with customers on the phone all day, so I really don't have any fun lol.

On a side note, we're finally closing on our house tomorrow! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Can start our move in on Monday, thank goodness I have all next week off!!

Edit to add: AAAANNNNDDD even after closing, we have enough saved we will be purchasing a shed to convert to a coop. Have enough we could get several sheds, but we'll start with one 8x12 for now. My hoop coop will become the duck/geese coop for a while I think!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  9. Hawk12

Hawk12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2015
    Hayden, ID
    Hooray!! Congrats! Its so worth the wait but I don't think I would do it again [​IMG]

10. country lovin

country lovin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2015
    Rockford Washington
    I have no idea. Lol. My malpositioned pip just hatched!I actually went to check on it on a bathroom run and saw it right as it was coming out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by